The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3J The State and The People: Britain: 1918-1964 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know the odds of a Conservative 1951-64 Government coming up, considering it's been in the 2015 and 2014 paper?
Does anybody know if the 1964 election is technically a part of our course? Am trying to work out whether they could ask a whole q. on it!

Also does anyone else have Latin on Friday too? Going to be a long day... :/
Original post by JackBowman112
Does anyone know the odds of a Conservative 1951-64 Government coming up, considering it's been in the 2015 and 2014 paper?

I doubt it. May have Labour's weakness in causing election defeats for the period though. I reckon consensus or a Churchill question as Churchill never been asked before individually within a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people feeling ready for the exam?
I feel pretty good content wise, just extremely worried on what questions might come up.
Original post by frsryonce
I feel pretty good content wise, just extremely worried on what questions might come up.

Feel very confident on the consent from 1918 to 1951 and really struggling on from 51-64
Anyone know how many MPs Lloyd-George had in 1918???
Original post by frsryonce

I don't even know how I'm feeling tbh haha when I'm going through it I feel okay but then I leave it for a bit and feel like I've forgotten it!

I'm pretty confident with 1918-1931 but then National Government im struggling to remember, I'm okay with War-time coalition good with Labour 1945-51 but then 51-64 god help me if that government comes up!
Original post by HarrietLGH98
Anyone know how many MPs Lloyd-George had in 1918???

130, right?
130, right?

I wasn't sure, I couldn't find it in my notes but a reason for the collapse in 1922 was not only due to LG being a 'prisoner of the Tories', but the fact that he had so few Liberal MPs and I was just wondering what the number actually was..... I know Labour had 42 in 1914 but like I said I can't find a figure for Liberals and my teacher never responds to his emails so there's no point in messaging him XD
I wasn't sure, I couldn't find it in my notes but a reason for the collapse in 1922 was not only due to LG being a 'prisoner of the Tories', but the fact that he had so few Liberal MPs and I was just wondering what the number actually was..... I know Labour had 42 in 1914 but like I said I can't find a figure for Liberals and my teacher never responds to his emails so there's no point in messaging him XD

Well, what I've got in my notes is that the coalition was made up of:

335 Conservative MPs.

130 Coalition Liberal Mps

10 Labour Mps.

Hope this helps.
Well, what I've got in my notes is that the coalition was made up of:

335 Conservative MPs.

130 Coalition Liberal Mps

10 Labour Mps.

Hope this helps.

I'll add it to my notes now!

Thank youuuuu and good luck for tomorrow!!!!!
I'll add it to my notes now!

Thank youuuuu and good luck for tomorrow!!!!!

No problem and you too.

Really wishing I had an inside man on AQA right now.
No problem and you too.

Really wishing I had an inside man on AQA right now.

omg me too XD

I'm thinking consensus is a possibility, I know it came up in 2011 but its still possible it'll come up this year...

After doing more revision I'm thinking;

Consensus
Economy 51-64
Lloyd-George
Labour Gov 1924-1929

Did you manage to check those documentaries out???
do people think 1951-64 consensus will come up??
Original post by LeahMarlow
do people think 1951-64 consensus will come up??

I think its possible, last came up in 2011 so yeah I'd say it's possible. My teacher predicted it anyways
Hey I can only find the 2013, 2014 and 2015 papers online - where can i get earlier ones?? thanks :smile:
I think its possible, last came up in 2011 so yeah I'd say it's possible. My teacher predicted it anyways

ok thanks. good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by LeahMarlow
ok thanks. good luck for tomorrow :smile:

Thank you! You too!
Anyone else starting to panic a little bit? There's just so much to know!!
Predictions

Churchill- broad question
General strike
Baldwin
1945 election
Consensus 1951-64

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending