The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Mee I'm feeling okay about it though haha it's unit 4 I'm worried about because I have a politics exam the same day

same! urrgh im dreading that day soo much, theres so much information to learn for both exams! What's your revision method for remembering everything for that day? I have no idea what im going to do, I'm more confident in politics so i'll probably focus on psychology slightly more, still panicking though!
Original post by sxrxh97
same! urrgh im dreading that day soo much, theres so much information to learn for both exams! What's your revision method for remembering everything for that day? I have no idea what im going to do, I'm more confident in politics so i'll probably focus on psychology slightly more, still panicking though!

I feel more confident in psychology, I think, so I'll probably spend more time on politics. Like tonight I'm doing all politics because I have a lesson tomorrow and we'll probably be tested. Then I'll probably just alternate days doing bits of each but there's so much to remember :frown:
My method of revising really is to write and rewrite notes, plan essays/answers and I find talking aloud really beneficial like me and my friends will just test one another
Is anyone doing Anorexia as the other disorder? And if so, what are your two therapies because struggling really badly with A01/A02!!
Original post by Julieplec
It was something like 'describe Nicole's behaviour using social learning theory compared to another explanation of criminal behaviour'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter now bcos we can't change it but I'm sure it said describe SLT then compare SLT to another explanation. I know that they would never do a 12 marker on describing two theories
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
It was a really badly worded question, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure loads of people across the country have interpreted it differently :smile:
Original post by sophia.lega
Is anyone doing Anorexia as the other disorder? And if so, what are your two therapies because struggling really badly with A01/A02!!

I am!! Do you mean treatments or explanations??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarceyKuypers
I am!! Do you mean treatments or explanations??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not making any sense ha! I meant treatments :smile: But which explanations did you do?
I failed lmao gg wp

How you guys feeling about unit 4?
What did you write for "what is criminological psychology?" :')
Predictions and advice for unit 4...please :tongue:
Original post by heatherschofield
What did you write for "what is criminological psychology?" :')

I put something like:
Criminological psychology is the study of criminal behaviour and what causes such behaviour. Criminal psychology looks at theories such as social learning theory and self fulfilling prophecy as an explanation of crime. The aim of criminological psychology is to devise treatment programmes which will reduce rates of recidivism such as token economy programmes and anger management.

That was such a stupid question

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put something like:
Criminological psychology is the study of criminal behaviour and what causes such behaviour. Criminal psychology looks at theories such as social learning theory and self fulfilling prophecy as an explanation of crime. The aim of criminological psychology is to devise treatment programmes which will reduce rates of recidivism such as token economy programmes and anger management.

Posted from TSR Mobile[I wrote that too x) thank you, aha. How did you find the rest of it?]
I'm not making any sense ha! I meant treatments :smile: But which explanations did you do?

I do schizophrenia and anorexia. So for schizophrenia I have the biological treatment (drug treatment (chemotherapy) ) and the social treatment (assertive community therapy) and for explanations I have the biological (the dopamine hypothesis) and social (social causation). For anorexia I did the cognitive treatment (rational emotive therapy), psychodynamic (free association) and learning (token economy programmes), the explanations I used learning (SLT, operant conditioning an classical conditioning) and biological (hypothalamus dysfunction).

I think that's right, someone correct me if I've done something wrong please /.\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarceyKuypers
I do schizophrenia and anorexia. So for schizophrenia I have the biological treatment (drug treatment (chemotherapy) ) and the social treatment (assertive community therapy) and for explanations I have the biological (the dopamine hypothesis) and social (social causation). For anorexia I did the cognitive treatment (rational emotive therapy), psychodynamic (free association) and learning (token economy programmes), the explanations I used learning (SLT, operant conditioning an classical conditioning) and biological (hypothalamus dysfunction).

I think that's right, someone correct me if I've done something wrong please /.\

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Does it matter if the treatments aren't from the same approach as the explanation?

I'm doing Learning for Anorexia (SLT, Operant and Classical) and Biological ( role of VMH and LH) as explanations but the revision guide says RET and free association as therapies but I really can't get to terms with free association. So I decided to learn Token Economy and RET but not sure because don't think the treatments have come up on past papers?

I'm so stressed over a tiny thing!

i do. my two explanations are learning and biological and treatments/therapies are cognitive (RET) and psychodynamic (free association)

look at last years paper, it was cognitive treatment
Original post by Jablonski
Question about crim: was the question asking us to come up with the procedure of a field study that would test the testimony of old and young people?

I essentially replicated Yarmey and classed my participants into 2 groups dpeending on whether they were young or old.

Dumb question but want to make sure I answered it correctly.

I full on did that! like I actually said "similar to Yarmey's study"
Thank you so much! Does it matter if the treatments aren't from the same approach as the explanation?

I'm doing Learning for Anorexia (SLT, Operant and Classical) and Biological ( role of VMH and LH) as explanations but the revision guide says RET and free association as therapies but I really can't get to terms with free association. So I decided to learn Token Economy and RET but not sure because don't think the treatments have come up on past papers?

I'm so stressed over a tiny thing!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465410324.809290.jpg

My notes on RET!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the comparison I made two brief points saying "both SLT and SFP suggest that criminal behaviour is learnt by the presence of others" and then saying "both SLT and SFP ignore the role of genetics which could play a huge part in why Nicole would steal". I then went on to explain how SFP would've affected Nicole like "she would have a negative label assigned to her such as "a criminal who steals cars" and she would then internalise this label...
The wording of the question was really poor so I was a tad confused as to what they wanted haha
I put something like:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally wrote the same

Well field experiments came up in crim, case studies in child.. does this mean they won't come up on unit 4 :redface:

But being as prac/key issue didn't come up.. it's almost guaranteed to be in clinical so I'll revise those well and funnily enough I like the clinical practical the best (leaflet on SZ)
Seems like the comparison threw us a bit.. gonna make sure I practise compare for clinical cos there's a lot
Original post by rileystringer1
Seems like the comparison threw us a bit.. gonna make sure I practise compare for clinical cos there's a lot

They seem to ask for a comparison on treatments or explanations of mental disorders a lot, gonna have to revise so much for them 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending