The Student Room Group

someone help

idk what to do for this question, someone help? please and thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by penelopecrux
idk what to do for this question, someone help? please and thank you
Do you know how to work out the area of individual bars my friend?
Original post by hamza772000
Do you know how to work out the area of individual bars my friend?

yes sweetheart i do, but where is the f.d.?
oops, ok let's do this together, 1hint: if the total frequency is 500, then the frequency up untill the blue bar = 250.
Any luck so far?
Any luck so far?

no not really :frown:
it's just that i get how that part is 250 but then what do i take away?
Any luck so far?

wait is it 14 mice??
no not really :frown:
it's just that i get how that part is 250 but then what do i take away?
Ngl, I under estimated the difficulty of this question, keep trying I'll let you know if I find anything. Let me know too. We'll do this together.:smile: Unless someone just posts the answer.:frown:
Ngl, I under estimated the difficulty of this question, keep trying I'll let you know if I find anything. Let me know too. We'll do this together.:smile: Unless someone just posts the answer.:frown:

yeah mate, you bare thought i was dumb in the beginning :/
i got 194 now btw
wait is it 14 mice??
How'd you get to that?
yeah mate, you bare thought i was dumb in the beginning :/
i got 194 now btw
Sorry bro.:frown: Didn't think you were dumb just thought the f.d was mentioned.:tongue:
How'd you get 194?
Reply 11
i got 195
Sorry bro.:frown: Didn't think you were dumb just thought the f.d was mentioned.:tongue:
How'd you get 194?

sooo, using ur advice, i said that up to 15 is 250 and it takes up 9 class widths in terms of space and because i only want something up to 13, it takes up 7 classwidths, then i think u do, 250/ (9/7)
sooo, using ur advice, i said that up to 15 is 250 and it takes up 9 class widths in terms of space and because i only want something up to 13, it takes up 7 classwidths, then i think u do, 250/ (9/7)
No, but you're trying to work out the 'Frequency not F.D.
No, but you're trying to work out the 'Frequency not F.D.

idk then lmao, i'll probably ask my teacher tomorrow morning, u doing ur exam too tomorrow?
Reply 15
idk then lmao, i'll probably ask my teacher tomorrow morning, u doing ur exam too tomorrow?

I think what you're meant to do is count the squares for each class width and multiply it with the frequency density (aka the number of squares up) which gives the frequency of each bar. Then add the first two bars together along with half of the 12-14 bar which is why it is only an estimate. the answer is 195 i think.

hope this is right because the exams tomorrow :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
The total area represents 500. What proportion of the area is below 13? That proportion of 500 will give you the answer. No need for FD.
Yeah man, hopefully this won't turn up, tell me the answer tomorrow if you ask your teacher.:smile:
Yeah man, hopefully this won't turn up, tell me the answer tomorrow if you ask your teacher.:smile:

HAMZA, i think i got it!!
HAMZA, i think i got it!!
Go on clever boy!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest