The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36480527

first signing in case anyone missed it
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Depends on how much you are willing to pay for a player of that persons ability.

Basically I doubt you will be paying many players over 200k but Chelsea wouldn't go for a player that warrants 200k+ straight away, if we did we will probably give that player 200k though.

It's like Barcelona and Real Madrid vying for a player. Real have more money but the amount they are going to pay isn't going to be much more than Barcelona would pay them if at all, so you're left with other factors to consider(strength of team, manager, location etc)

If a job offers you 200k a week and another job offers you 210k a week I don't think the higher offer will automatically get you that person essentially.

Agree, but United are stronger financially then Chelsea and general pulling power is stronger. Also, we have a reputation for paying huge wages so whereas you would hesitate, so we'd just pay them that even though they may not be worth it.
Original post by bigmansouf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36480527

first signing in case anyone missed it

How have I not heard about this guy until now. Is he good and is it worth paying £30mil for him. I don't want MU to make the same mistake as last year of buying loads of BS players.
Original post by De Palestina
How have I not heard about this guy until now. Is he good and is it worth paying £30mil for him. I don't want MU to make the same mistake as last year of buying loads of BS players.

i dunoo if he is **** but luke 's videos shows he is bad but i trust jose for now
thank god he didnt buy stones
zzzZzz complaining about player fees is getting boring now
Location is probably the primary factor behind moves, and is then swayed by other secondary factors (which can become primary if played out enough). Why would a Spanish player want to move to Manchester ahead of London? It's ****, to put it frankly. Football is a job to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Location is probably the primary factor behind moves, and is then swayed by other secondary factors (which can become primary if played out enough). Why would a Spanish player want to move to Manchester ahead of London? It's ****, to put it frankly. Football is a job to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Money.
Original post by Rk2k14
Money.

Money is a secondary factor, and as I said only can become primary if there's a large discrepancy between the two.£20-30k won't sway the vast majority of players, if you're talking £50,000+ then fair enough (but it means we're constantly inflating players values).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Money is a secondary factor, and as I said only can become primary if there's a large discrepancy between the two.£20-30k won't sway the vast majority of players, if you're talking £50,000+ then fair enough (but it means we're constantly inflating players values).

Posted from TSR Mobile

London is the better of the two, but Manchester is still a great place to live. It isn't somewhere like Leeds where the gap between the two is huge.
Manchester's got levels too. :colonhash:
Original post by Rk2k14
London is the better of the two, but Manchester is still a great place to live. It isn't somewhere like Leeds where the gap between the two is huge.
Manchester's got levels too. :colonhash:

If you got money and you're foreign then you wouldn't live anywhere other than London. What the **** you gonna do in Manchester ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you got money and you're foreign then you wouldn't live anywhere other than London. What the **** you gonna do in Manchester ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Play for Manchester United. Not rentboys.
We also have Trafford Centre. :u:
Original post by Rk2k14
Play for Manchester United. Not rentboys.
We also have Trafford Centre. :u:

So they just gonna play football all day then :colonhash: if you got money then London is the place to be in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only their girlfriends/wives care about the location that much.

London is only a 2 hour train ride away anyway lol
Good to see the business underway early. Ibrahimovic should hopefully be confirmed in July as it seems him and his agent are waiting for their PSG deal to officially expire to get a loyalty bonus. In an ideal world you'd sign a defender with experience but they are hard to come by and available, so Bailly seems to be a player with the potential and will have a coach in Mourinho to beat the defensive, tactical improvement in him. I don't envisage Pogba re-joining, he's only going to Madrid or Barcelona - don't think he fancies a return to the PL if he knows he can go to one of them and if he has a lively Euro Championships could forsee Zidane taking him to the Bernabeu with Kroos sold to Man City.
So they just gonna play football all day then :colonhash: if you got money then London is the place to be in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hold tight Manchester.
Original post by Dirtybit
Only their girlfriends/wives care about the location that much.

London is only a 2 hour train ride away anyway lol

So naive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know what it is exactly but I know they definitely need to free their wage bill immediately.

Let's flip this, why would Chelsea be more attractive?

- owner who wants to win (Abramovich vs. Glazers)
- London
- currently have a better squad
- missing CL likely to be a one off season compared to Man Utd who have missed 2 out of the last 3
Original post by Zerforax
- owner who wants to win (Abramovich vs. Glazers)
- London
- currently have a better squad
- missing CL likely to be a one off season compared to Man Utd who have missed 2 out of the last 3

Yeah the Glazers want to lose lmao

Ok then give me examples of players rejecting United because of location
Ok then give me examples of players rejecting United because of location

Nobody will ever come out and say it will they? But, Ronaldinho, Hazard, Cesc all come to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile