The Student Room Group

IAL Edexcel Unit 2 Physics at Work 9 June 2016

Hello guys this is the discussion/revision thread for the above mentioned paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2

Sugar solutions rotate the plane of polarization by an amount proportional to their concentration and the depth of the liquid through which the light travels.
So if the concentration and depth is known, the angle of rotation can be found.
Which Paper is this from?
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a lot of probelm in wave. And wave calculations :/
If anyone has a good revision sheet apart from physicsandmathstutor. Please help
well the way to measure it for the question is to have a light source. and the solution between two polarizing filters. The first filter will polarize the light source. The second will be rotated until no light is is passing through and the angle it rotates will be the angle needed.
Jan 14 IAL Q8:

You have to know that one wavelength =360 degrees= 2pi radians
Half wavelength=180 degrees= pi radian
Quarter wavelength= 90 degrees= pi/2 radian

According to this, A is wrong as phase difference should be 2 pi radians. B is wrong as phase difference should be pi radians. D is wrong as well. C is the correct answer as the combinations are right.

Hope that helps! Good luck for the exam :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Rahatara Sadique
Jan 14 IAL Q8:

You have to know that one wavelength =360 degrees= 2pi radians
Half wavelength=180 degrees= pi radian
Quarter wavelength= 90 degrees= pi/2 radian

According to this, A is wrong as phase difference should be 2 pi radians. B is wrong as phase difference should be pi radians. D is wrong as well. C is the correct answer as the combinations are right.

Hope that helps! Good luck for the exam :smile:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would appreciate if someone would explain me why the answer is D and not B
Can anyone please explain the answer to Jan 2011 Q 19 a ii...why should the wavelength be divided by 4 and not 2?
dat paper almost caught fire coz i wrote so fast n still only barely was able to finish da freakin paper 😫😫
It was definitely tough and tedious
Reply 12
That paper was ****ing horrible what were they thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was so lengthy and confusing
I think it was challenging, but my main problem was the time! Didn't even finish :frown:
Reply 15
That physics paper was so easy: it's only gonna cause me paranoia, depression, and a lack of will to get out of bed for the next 3 months until the results come out. You know, just the usual... nothing new.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Steaming hot pile of S***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same even i couldnt finish it
Waiting for the model answer ...
Reply 19
do you all think it was really horrible, and much more difficult than other years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending