The Student Room Group

Ever loved someone so much that you get so emotional?

is it true love, like after the difficult times you just end up loving them more and so dearly?

And what is true love? if you ever felt it..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
is it true love, like after the difficult times you just end up loving them more and so dearly?

yea i felt it. someone was with me through thick and thin. true love is someone who stands by your side no matter what.
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
yea i felt it. someone was with me through thick and thin. true love is someone who stands by your side no matter what.

Interesting, did they also try and really change for you? I think I've found it but, i'm not too sure because not sure if 7months is too soon to know
Interesting, did they also try and really change for you? I think I've found it but, i'm not too sure because not sure if 7months is too soon to know

naww they didnt try and change me. let me be myself (a joker). you never know i found it after 5 months but tbh i was friends with her for like 3 years before
I teared up a bit when i woke up to a surprise bouquet of flowers from my partner this morning, i m a really soppy thing sometimes.
ihave fallen in love many times online unfortunately wenever got to meet flight difficulties but they were verynice tried to send money 2help but noluck
Reply 6
naww they didnt try and change me. let me be myself (a joker). you never know i found it after 5 months but tbh i was friends with her for like 3 years before

No like try and change themselves so they can be a better version for you. And aw, interesting :smile:
No like try and change themselves so they can be a better version for you. And aw, interesting :smile:

oh naww. she was weird the day i met her and never changed a bit
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
I teared up a bit when i woke up to a surprise bouquet of flowers from my partner this morning, i m a really soppy thing sometimes.

Awww, that's so sweet!
Reply 9
oh naww. she was weird the day i met her and never changed a bit

Aww that's great :biggrin:
Awww, that's so sweet!

It was incredibly sweet, i think its the simple things that really make you feel loved sometimes:smile:
Original post by claireestelle
It was incredibly sweet, i think its the simple things that really make you feel loved sometimes:smile:

Yeah, i agree
Reply 12
'not the expression, no, LITERALLY GET EMOTIONAL FOR'

anyone? no? damn.
I have been this way, and I think that it could be construed as both love or infatuation. Some people experience this level of emotion because they're also highly emotionally dependant.

Regardless though, I think it's perfectly fine to love someone to that extent as long as it is a mutual thing, otherwise it can end up being highly damaging, especially if one is insecure in the first place.
No one is worth your tears.

True love is when you can't let go of them so easily because you know that you can't live without them.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I have been this way, and I think that it could be construed as both love or infatuation. Some people experience this level of emotion because they're also highly emotionally dependant.

Regardless though, I think it's perfectly fine to love someone to that extent as long as it is a mutual thing, otherwise it can end up being highly damaging, especially if one is insecure in the first place.

How do you know if its infatuation? Is it the time period or what? And can you explain more about being highly emotional dependent?
Original post by Workangel_24
True love is when you can't let go of them so easily because you know that you can't live without them.

Interesting, what if you do for their happiness as in, for them to find it while you wait for them?
How do you know if its infatuation? Is it the time period or what? And can you explain more about being highly emotional dependent?

I think infatuation occurs at the beginning of any relationship really :smile: to a varying extent.

Imagine you're dating someone and just getting to know them, then you realise that you really like them. You are either unaware or in denial of their flaws. I think you truly love someone when you are able to look past these flaws and respect and care for them regardless. That's just my opinion anyway. :smile:

When it comes to emotional dependancy, I confess that I have been in relationships in the past where I have relied upon my boyfriend far too much for my own happiness. If it's not a mutual thing it can end up putting you in a very vulnerable position, as it was for me. :redface:
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I think infatuation occurs at the beginning of any relationship really :smile: to a varying extent.

Imagine you're dating someone and just getting to know them, then you realise that you really like them. You are either unaware or in denial of their flaws. I think you truly love someone when you are able to look past these flaws and respect and care for them regardless. That's just my opinion anyway. :smile:

When it comes to emotional dependancy, I confess that I have been in relationships in the past where I have relied upon my boyfriend far too much for my own happiness. If it's not a mutual thing it can end up putting you in a very vulnerable position, as it was for me. :redface:

Thank you so much for sharing and i understand and get your point now. Thsnks for explaining it to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending