The Student Room Group

Guys, do you find stretch marks a turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
No I haven't had a chance. I'm a bit of a social recluse at the moment due to exams. After the exams is when I can be myself 😏😏😏😏😏

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Haha, tbh I'm pretty much a social recluse most of the time. The only time when I can be myself is when I am with my old school friends, my closest friends or my stagecoach friends. Lol, yeah I worry that if I go watch it I will get really bored halfway through. Anyway, I think my mum and I are going to watch 'Me before you' at the weekend, as we both read the book - I'm such a girl, lol. I remember when I was little, my mum took me to watch 'Ice Age' and tbh I got really bored half way through and kept trying to get up and leave.... My mum kept forcing me to sit down, being that she had paid the ridiculous amount of money required to watch the film.
Original post by ?Hannah
Haha, tbh I'm pretty much a social recluse most of the time. The only time when I can be myself is when I am with my old school friends, my closest friends or my stagecoach friends. Lol, yeah I worry that if I go watch it I will get really bored halfway through. Anyway, I think my mum and I are going to watch 'Me before you' at the weekend, as we both read the book - I'm such a girl, lol. I remember when I was little, my mum took me to watch 'Ice Age' and tbh I got really bored half way through and kept trying to get up and leave.... My mum kept forcing me to sit down, being that she had paid the ridiculous amount of money required to watch the film.

Lol. Yeah. That happened to me in a movie once as well. Oh yeah. I've heard about that movie. I've read parts of the book but never in its entirety. I see. Stagecoach ? Do you do Drama ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Yeah, they're not that nice. I've got a load down my back that came after I started working out. Some on my legs too.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, they're not that nice. I've got a load down my back that came after I started working out. Some on my legs too.

I do have to say the back ones are the worst to get.

Original post by Laus2
I didn't once utter the words "lower value". If a person said to me that they would not be my partner because of a physical characteristic, then yes, I would say they are not worth my time; not because they are of "lower value", but because they are unable (because of their preferences) to value me as I am.

Beauty is subjective. I do believe all people are beautiful, for different reasons. My partner is slim and shaved, because she doesn't put on weight easily and she prefers to shave her legs. Had she been curvy (like me) and hairy, I would have still been attracted to her.

Don't knock bingo, my friend.

It's okay if you don't like hairy or larger women. It's not particularly decent to put women down for these characteristics, however.

But you can't just say someone is not worth your time because of their preferences. That is just a desperate attempt at the rejectee becoming the rejecter.
Reply 45
Original post by Jebedee
But you can't just say someone is not worth your time because of their preferences. That is just a desperate attempt at the rejectee becoming the rejecter.

No, it's an attempt at taking back power and not letting someone's opinion of you erode your sense of self-worth. What would you rather, that they beg you to embrace them as they are, or promise that they will change to match your preferences?
Original post by Laus2
No, it's an attempt at taking back power and not letting someone's opinion of you erode your sense of self-worth. What would you rather, that they beg you to embrace them as they are, or promise that they will change to match your preferences?

So you're not actually rejecting them on their qualities, but on what they think of your qualities. The power isn't yours to take in this situation. The most honest reaction would not involve judging that person. People know what they like/dislike and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging it and using that information to shape life choices.
Reply 47
Original post by Jebedee
So you're not actually rejecting them on their qualities, but on what they think of your qualities. The power isn't yours to take in this situation. The most honest reaction would not involve judging that person. People know what they like/dislike and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging it and using that information to shape life choices.

It is fine to acknowledge it. Just acknowledge it in a way that doesn't make those around you feel like ****. Anyway, I'm bored. Adios.
Original post by Laus2
It dwindles the more time I spend with human beings.

I'm saddened to hear that.
Original post by Proxenus
They are still just girls. They're not a woman yet

Wow - you're ridiculous. There are many women who don't have a lot of stretch marks.
Original post by LydiaIbbi
Wow - you're ridiculous. There are many women who don't have a lot of stretch marks.

I am ridiculously good. If they dont have stretch marks it means they have a small pair of breasts, small ass and a small heart
Apparently it's cool to have dimples on your ass too now. And stretch marks are sexy.....

This society can turn one into a nutcase.
Original post by xobeauty
Apparently it's cool to have dimples on your ass too now. And stretch marks are sexy.....

Dimple on the ass ? Where are those meant to be ?

Dimples on the ass?! What happened to them being nice on the face

Are you talking about it being above the ass because I have them ? Doesn't everyone have them ?

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Dimple on the ass ? Where are those meant to be ?

Original post by hezzlington
Dimples on the ass?! What happened to them being nice on the face

Cellulite foos
Stretch marks on a girl are signs of a real woman

Because those guys p reign and them said its cool so now you think it's ok.

Why does it take a bunch of famous guys to make things accpectable
Because those guys p reign and them said its cool so now you think it's ok.

Why does it take a bunch of famous guys to make things accpectable

who?
who?

Famous people
Cellulite foos

What the hell !! That's absolutely disgusting. It looks like scars of someone that got shot on the ass. How is this the latest fashion ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending