The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student 1305
thank you! I've done plans and notes for Constitution and Parliament but I haven't touched PM&Cabinet. Should I just plan questions for that topic??

Yes
But don't stay up all night and revise
You'll just add pressure and may forget things
I know it's all hindsight but sometimes you do better when your less prepared lol
That happened to me last year
Just hope for good questions
Original post by DeafeningSilence
Ahhh, so The Terrorist-Asset freezing act was passed AFTER the ruling- thank you so much!

Yes! And I think that might answer one of your previous questions about wanting an example where the judges were ineffective in protecting civil liberties. This is one. Bear in mind that Parliament will often pass a remedial order or new piece of legislation after a declaration of incompatibility in order to do what it wants to do. That's the sovereignty of Parliament!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1042
Original post by alevelpain
Opposition days & adjournment debates

And sorry to sound stupid?
But what does that entail?
Quick question - how many points should I try and aim to discuss in the 40 marker?
I have just been revising PM and Cabinet and I have noticed that I have less examples than other topics.. Is this okay? Is it more about AO1 ? If it comes up it is more likely to be a source Q because that would make more sense tbh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyje
Quick question - how many points should I try and aim to discuss in the 40 marker?

4-5 points at least that are all explained and evaluated with examples

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would you answer this question:

How have features of the UK constitution changed in recent years?
I'm still making notes now :frown: do you think its possible to go through things and consolidate my knowledge tomorrow morning? I plan to wake up at 5 and work until I have to leave home. Am i being too unrealistic?

I still have a lot of it to go through myself, except I'm pulling an all nighter then sleeping before I go in. :redface:

Silly me for not starting sooner.

Just start memorising stuff instead of writing up notes.

My plan is to get everything memorised by 1am, and examples memorised by 4 and then look at mark schemes till 6, then sleep. Wake up at 11, go over things quickly, shower then leave.

And pray to the heavens of course!

I should be so much more prepared for this. :redface:
Original post by Louise12307

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by JessieTaylor98
So I'm only revising Constitution, Parliament and PM & Cabinet. Anyone got any cramming tips??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pray!

Jk

The best cramming tip is rote memorisation imo
Yes! And I think that might answer one of your previous questions about wanting an example where the judges were ineffective in protecting civil liberties. This is one. Bear in mind that Parliament will often pass a remedial order or new piece of legislation after a declaration of incompatibility in order to do what it wants to do. That's the sovereignty of Parliament!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was looking for one of them- help is much appreciated, fingers crossed for nice questions!
actually looking forward to tomorrows exam

not because I want to take the exam tho, rather because mcdonalds is right next to the exam centre.

gonna get me some nuggets
Original post by popcornjpg

not because I want to take the exam tho, rather because mcdonalds is right next to the exam centre.

Now that sounds like a plan to me.
Best of luck on your all nighter! You have the strength whilst I intend to wake up at 5 and spend two to two and a half hours on each topic before I have to get ready and leave by 12:40 :smile: looool I should've been so much more prepared for this as well :') I'm sure it'll work out okay for us though x its my last exam so I'm just counting the hours down until this hell is over :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I still have a lot of it to go through myself, except I'm pulling an all nighter then sleeping before I go in. :redface:

My plan is to get everything memorised by 1am, and examples memorised by 4 and then look at mark schemes till 6, then sleep. Wake up at 11, go over things quickly, shower then leave.

Celebratory nuggets are needed. On the other hand, I am going to do something far less exciting and get my brows done because they've turned into fuzzy caterpillars and I need them to be fleeky AF :u: then buy a nandos and watch game of thrones
Original post by popcornjpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 for and against points or 10 altogether lol?
Original post by The Thing!
How would you answer this question:

How have features of the UK constitution changed in recent years?

How many marks 40?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Wow take it easy lol before your head explodes
Celebratory nuggets are needed. On the other hand, I am going to do something far less exciting and get my brows done because they've turned into fuzzy caterpillars and I need them to be fleeky AF :u: then buy a nandos and watch game of thrones

oh god yeeeeeees

I've been delaying watching game of thrones for like 2 months! I have unfortunately been spoiled by YouTube thumbnails but I'm still looking forward to it :biggrin:

also planning to watch fargo season 2, the last kingdom, and peaky bloinders s3
Reply 1059
Would anybody be able to help me out with a list of relevant examples? Thats where I'm lacking, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending