The Student Room Group

Parents mad at me for throwing up at dinner.

There was a plate of the most pungent cheese I have ever smelt and it made me really sick. I asked if we coud move it further away but my parents didn't want to so I ended up throwing up.

They're really angry at me even though I cleaned it up.

What to do?
My auntie once gave me these bread rolls with mushrooms in (she didn't tell me they where there but I absolutely hate mushrooms), I bit into one and immediately threw up all over her kitchen. I also had to clean it up after and she was quite pissed. However, after a few days I just came to terms with the fact there isn't anything wrong with being sick. I cleaned it all up so I guess I helped her. Now it's sort of a joke. I'm sure your parents will get over it eventually and understand not to give you that type of food and listen to you when you don't like something.
Reply 2
Original post by JaffaNeko
My auntie once gave me these bread rolls with mushrooms in (she didn't tell me they where there but I absolutely hate mushrooms), I bit into one and immediately threw up all over her kitchen. I also had to clean it up after and she was quite pissed. However, after a few days I just came to terms with the fact there isn't anything wrong with being sick. I cleaned it all up so I guess I helped her. Now it's sort of a joke. I'm sure your parents will get over it eventually and understand not to give you that type of food and listen to you when you don't like something.

Thanks. I'm sure they will do at some point. :smile:
Reply 3
They only have themselves to blame. I too hate cheese, revolting stuff. Put it anywhere near me and I'll happily throw up in your face.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ATW1
They only have themselves to blame. I too hate cheese, revolting stuff. Put it anywhere near me and I'll happily throw up in your face.

I do like cheese, but this one in particular was nauseating.

I'm not expecting an apology or anything from them, they never do.
You can't be blamed for throwing up though, It's not like anyone goes throughout their life without doing it at least once aha.
It will blow over. I cnat see why you were unable to excuse yourself and throw up in the toilet , or some container or the sink?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
It will blow over. I cnat see why you were unable to excuse yourself and throw up in the toilet , or some container or the sink?

It happened rather quickly you see.
Reply 8
What kind of cheese was it?

Spoiler

Original post by WustacheMax
It happened rather quickly you see.

If you are 5 or under then I can see the issue, but it would be normal for anyone older thna that to be able to control their bodily functions. I agree with the parents tbh.
Reply 10
Original post by markreed
What kind of cheese was it?

Spoiler

French pyrénéenne I believe.

It's the french version of parmazan.
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
If you are 5 or under then I can see the issue, but it would be normal for anyone older thna that to be able to control their bodily functions. I agree with the parents tbh.

Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the gag. If OP really found the cheese as revolting as I'm believing it to be, and they couldn't leave its immediate vicinity, then I think them throwing up is pretty understandable.
Bloody parents. Throwing up choice isn't it. Stupid *****. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markreed
Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the gag. If OP really found the cheese as revolting as I'm believing it to be, and they couldn't leave its immediate vicinity, then I think them throwing up is pretty understandable.

Perhaps I have better bodily control or would have made my concerns better known. I think thats what the parents are more peeved about.
Idk i haven't vomited in years , tough stomach i guess
My mum has always gotten angry everytime I've thrown up... like I don't choose to do it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending