The Student Room Group

Would I be able to resit my Science exam?

I've done my first exam for the OCR Science Gateway B, however I've felt like I didn't do really well, I'd guess a C, which is definitely not what I want. My next exam I am prepared for as I have a good textbook and know everything there and should be able to at least B, maybe A. I've also done my controlled assessment earlier on this year which I don't even have the result for.

If I am unlucky with the grade I receive in August, would it be possible to resit the exam? Would I have to resit both or is the first one possible? I cannot find the information exactly, so help would be appreciated. Also, when do they do resits and would it be best to ask my Exams Office?

Thanks.
Original post by Denka
I've done my first exam for the OCR Science Gateway B, however I've felt like I didn't do really well, I'd guess a C, which is definitely not what I want. My next exam I am prepared for as I have a good textbook and know everything there and should be able to at least B, maybe A. I've also done my controlled assessment earlier on this year which I don't even have the result for.

If I am unlucky with the grade I receive in August, would it be possible to resit the exam? Would I have to resit both or is the first one possible? I cannot find the information exactly, so help would be appreciated. Also, when do they do resits and would it be best to ask my Exams Office?

Thanks.

I would strongly suggest asking your Exams Office, as it will be the decision of your school as to whether to put you in for a resit or not and they will be best placed to answer your questions :smile:
Original post by CatusStarbright
I would strongly suggest asking your Exams Office, as it will be the decision of your school as to whether to put you in for a resit or not and they will be best placed to answer your questions :smile:

I want to resit my science and maths gcse's as well. Apparently this year is going to be the last year for resits in november. Should I as my Exams Officer at my new 6th form colleg or at my current school as for whether I'm able to take the resits?

I'm really confised with the way resits work for sciences as AQA exam board stopped doing november resits and people resit it in june?

Is it possible to resit science with the specification chnage?
Reply 3
You usually can, as some schools do not allow it...but you can through a college, but these are sometimes evening classes...

Quick Reply

Latest