Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antediluvian
Q1 - Easy
Q2 - Easy
Q3 - Easy
Q4 - Very Easy
Q5 - Easy
Q6 - Very Easy

I think the grade boundaries for A* will rise again this year.

Get lost. Stop trying to make others Panic and feel bad about themselves. If you found the exam easy then Congratulations to you.:holmes:
Original post by zoeolo
I am planning on studying History, English Literature, Maths and Economics at sixth form (I'm nervous for my History result though!)
The exam was okay. I never know about English. My timing was fine and I think I wrote more than I had in my mocks (which I got A*s for) but it's all about quality. I feel like I messed up Question 4, too... Anyway, I will have to wait and see what the outcome is on results day :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, the wait is going to be unbearable! do you do edexcel history, cold war (international relations)? that's the one i did on monday :biggrin:
Original post by keepyourapology
Question 1 was quite terrible, but I analysed eight quotations as much as I could. Hope I made perceptive comments though..
Question 2 was quite good, ngl! :smile:
Question 3, as usual, was quite miserable BUT I wrote a lot and I "read between the lines".
Question 4 was okay but I only had fifteen minutes for it and didn't write a lot, only analysed 3 differences each.

Question 5 was good but I feel like I forgot to write about the "effect" it had on me. :colondollar:
Question 6 was good, but Idk, it didn't feel particularly "argumentative", more like MY OPINION on why the statement was wrong and trying to convince readers that I was right.

What about you all?

My mind has gone blank...what actually was question 1?
Original post by Hcholmes
My mind has gone blank...what actually was question 1?

What do you learn from the articles about the problems of British coastal towns?
Thanks, i thought i may have messed that one up because i could not remember if i had actually answered the question or not, but now i feel a little better. I remember writing about employment, north south divide etc ...was i on the right lines??? What did anyone else write about?
Reply 345
Original post by louisemayorx
yes, the wait is going to be unbearable! do you do edexcel history, cold war (international relations)? that's the one i did on monday :biggrin:

No, I do AQA but I study the Cold War / International Relations too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Q5 was not a letter, it specifically said an article for a newspaper so don't stress out if you didn't do a letter and if you did do a letter it's still fine, as long as you have all your language techniques and your SPAG is good enough then it's all good, you'd have aced it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Halzy1234
Q5 was not a letter, it specifically said an article for a newspaper so don't stress out if you didn't do a letter and if you did do a letter it's still fine, as long as you have all your language techniques and your SPAG is good enough then it's all good, you'd have aced it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not trying to be pernickety or anything but Q5 was a letter. Nobody would have said it was a letter otherwise. I wrote a letter because it asked me to write a letter, not because I imagined so, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348
I did EXACTLY the same as you :frown:(((

Shoot me too
is there a mark scheme for this exam
Q1. ?
Q2. ?
Q3. how has the writer used language to creat a picture of this world?
Q4. what are your impression of how time has passed?
Q5. is competition good or bad in sport?
Q6. describe river scene?
Reply 350
For question 1 u just need to embed the quotes

Original post by keepyourapology
Question 1 was quite terrible, but I analysed eight quotations as much as I could. Hope I made perceptive comments though..
Question 2 was quite good, ngl! :smile:
Question 3, as usual, was quite miserable BUT I wrote a lot and I "read between the lines".
Question 4 was okay but I only had fifteen minutes for it and didn't write a lot, only analysed 3 differences each.

Question 5 was good but I feel like I forgot to write about the "effect" it had on me. :colondollar:
Question 6 was good, but Idk, it didn't feel particularly "argumentative", more like MY OPINION on why the statement was wrong and trying to convince readers that I was right.

What about you all?
Reply 351
Depends on ur literacy devices used. Coz quality counts but quantity does not matter much...

Original post by Jamie Vardy
I wrote like four pages for the last question. Is that enough?
What was question 5 and 6 for Aqa English foundation gcse?
I got 71/80 in my controlled assessment what did I need in my exam to get an A overall
I got 69 marks in my ca how many marks in the exam will i need for a b

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Think i got a High d in course work if i get a c on the exam can still pass might sound like a stupid question but I'm just worried about this
Original post by Joeh2000
I Think i got a High d in course work if i get a c on the exam can still pass might sound like a stupid question but I'm just worried about this

The coursework is only 40% of your grade for English Language, so with a C on the exam that's 60% and a high D on coursework would almost definitely get you a C overall!
Original post by louisemayorx
The coursework is only 40% of your grade for English Language, so with a C on the exam that's 60% and a high D on coursework would almost definitely get you a C overall!
Ah good ! thank u
It was not my best performance at all!
Original post by thearesx
I DID SO BAD

I only answered questions 5 and 6 fully. Missed a couple questions from Section A and I only wrote for the Bear Grylls source.

Shoot me now -.-

I basically in the same boat as you ! I cried so much after the exams but exams don't make who you are .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending