The Student Room Group

The real men step up please.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JokesOnYoo
How do strong people talk?

Like you're doing now - they don't describe their physical attributes in order to make themselves feel stronger - this shows they're weak and need to compensate by, say, vocally flexing in front of others.

So the post can be summed up as "I'm weak and I want you to think I'm strong so I can feel strong", whereas if you already felt strong (naturally) you wouldn't need to make others think of you as strong (to compensate for weakness in your self-perception).

As you know.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If I don't have all 20 characteristics of a man, am I then a woman? O.o

Kl, I need you to cook me supper, wash me clothes, iron my shirts and nag me
[QUOTE=JokesOnYoo;65550197]Whenever i make friends with beta males, they always seem to try and compete with me. I don't know if they get defensive because they're intimidated or for whatever reason. I'm 6'1 with 23inch really broad shoulders and I'm a boxer.
Im a real man, i don't like fake people. However, i seem to encounter numerous occasions where these beta males try to compete with me at everything, the funny thing is they end up copying my style.

They will try and exert power over me when girls are around, yet when its just me and him alone he's so polite, using his manners and stuff. hahahaha i find it so funny just thinking about it.

I never exert power over people unless it gets out of hand, i encourage people to do well, i motivate people, i help people improve, i don't insult others, i treat women and men nice. I don't care what others think of me. I don't use violence unless its totally necessary. I lead most of the time, however i do follow occasionally; thats because i know to be a good leader you also have to be a great follower.

Im not scared of many things, ill happily confront and call each and everyone of these guys out infront of their faces.

Some example:
when we're walking in a group, ill be carrying a football, then this one guy will say look x is carrying the ball for me i don't have to do anything

At times, i really do want to break their jaws, but i am able to control myself.

So, should i confront them if it gets out of hand? I don't like making people feel bad.
I can laugh at myself pretty well though so that helps.

thanks.

This whole post feels like a giant humble brag tbh.

The fact you describe them as 'betas' I assume because they are smaller than you comes is quite arrogant. I grew up in a rough area, involved in crime etc and the best lesson I ever learnt was if someone is determined to do you serious violence it's going to happen. Your 21 inch shoulders ain't going to save you if they have a gun, knife, sneak from behind, multiple assailants, night time etc. I suspect that this attitude is probably quite apparent to others and surprisingly enough these 'betas' aren't willing to be submissive to your attempts to be the dominant friend in the relationship especially going by the 'I lead most of the time' comment.

Ngl you sound a bit of a dickhead to get worked up over someone saying 'look he's carrying the ball for me'. You say your not scared of much but if you really feel like been violent towards them then why aren't you? Because truth is you are scared of what would happen if you were violent towards them. Your scared you might not actually be the tower of power you think you are, your scared you might actually lose, your scared of been dragged out of your house and stuck in a meat van. Your scared of sitting in the interview room having to explain yourself. Your scared of sitting in court been publicly judged for your actions but most of all your scared of been locked in a place where you'll be expected to be the submissive one. How do I know? Because it goes through everyone's head before they get into a violent confrontation it's a natural human reaction.

Either improve your attitude towards your friends or have the balls to face your fears and 'break their jaws' for daring to be the dominant one. Whatever you do don't try and play the 'hard man if I want to be pacifist' it just comes off a scared boy trying to intimidate others.

If you was as dominant and street wise as you seem to think you are you'd realise they are some scary small people in the world that you really don't want to piss off unless you fancy been on the news as that guy who got stabbed 68 times.
:colone:
Original post by Leeds98
The fact you describe them as 'betas' I assume because they are smaller than you comes is quite arrogant.

Oh no, the alpha/beta distinction is a much more complex web of bs than size.
[QUOTE=Retired_Messiah;65584963]Oh no, the alpha/beta distinction is a much more complex web of bs than size.

Well ultimately it comes down to dominance v submission (both which is counterproductive to a genuine meaningful friendship). The decisive factor in dominance is raw military power which in this context is fighting ability which is slightly related to size.

But yes it is bs...especially considering the self proclaimed 'alphas' I've met are pretty unconfident, insecure, needy etc people. People who are truly confident and secure in themselves don't feel the need to try dominate people (which itself is the result of fear of been made socially submissive so they launch pre emptive strikes).
Original post by King Scorchy
Like you're doing now - they don't describe their physical attributes in order to make themselves feel stronger - this shows they're weak and need to compensate by, say, vocally flexing in front of others.

So the post can be summed up as "I'm weak and I want you to think I'm strong so I can feel strong", whereas if you already felt strong (naturally) you wouldn't need to make others think of you as strong (to compensate for weakness in your self-perception).

As you know.

Nail, head.

Reminds me of a guy I know. A really bad ********ter. He is massively insecure so lies to make himself look big, but really he's doing the opposite and just shows himself up because everyone knows he's lying.

I'm not saying you're lying OP, but I think you're over compensating and trying to look Alpha when in reality, deep down, you're not Alpha at all.
Original post by King Scorchy

As you know.

Thanks for your response, but you're wrong. I described physical attributes because it matters. If you take a step back and think, why would I want to create a stronger perception of myself online?

Can assure you, I already feel strong and do not need to feel stronger through an online forum.
Original post by Leeds98
This whole post feels like a giant humble brag tbh.

The fact you describe them as 'betas' I assume because they are smaller than you comes is quite arrogant. I grew up in a rough area, involved in crime etc and the best lesson I ever learnt was if someone is determined to do you serious violence it's going to happen. Your 21 inch shoulders ain't going to save you if they have a gun, knife, sneak from behind, multiple assailants, night time etc. I suspect that this attitude is probably quite apparent to others and surprisingly enough these 'betas' aren't willing to be submissive to your attempts to be the dominant friend in the relationship especially going by the 'I lead most of the time' comment.

Ngl you sound a bit of a dickhead to get worked up over someone saying 'look he's carrying the ball for me'. You say your not scared of much but if you really feel like been violent towards them then why aren't you? Because truth is you are scared of what would happen if you were violent towards them. Your scared you might not actually be the tower of power you think you are, your scared you might actually lose, your scared of been dragged out of your house and stuck in a meat van. Your scared of sitting in the interview room having to explain yourself. Your scared of sitting in court been publicly judged for your actions but most of all your scared of been locked in a place where you'll be expected to be the submissive one. How do I know? Because it goes through everyone's head before they get into a violent confrontation it's a natural human reaction.

Either improve your attitude towards your friends or have the balls to face your fears and 'break their jaws' for daring to be the dominant one. Whatever you do don't try and play the 'hard man if I want to be pacifist' it just comes off a scared boy trying to intimidate others.

If you was as dominant and street wise as you seem to think you are you'd realise they are some scary small people in the world that you really don't want to piss off unless you fancy been on the news as that guy who got stabbed 68 times.

Appreciate the response, I don't take seriously a person who cannot read and cannot differentiate between your and youre*.
Read first half, my response. Have not been attacked from behind because I respect people.
Original post by ImNotSuperman
Nail, head.

Reminds me of a guy I know. A really bad ********ter. He is massively insecure so lies to make himself look big, but really he's doing the opposite and just shows himself up because everyone knows he's lying.

I'm not saying you're lying OP, but I think you're over compensating and trying to look Alpha when in reality, deep down, you're not Alpha at all.

Is this really too good to be true?
Now I actually do feel special.
[QUOTE=JokesOnYoo;65589803]Appreciate the response, I don't take seriously a person who cannot read and cannot differentiate between your and youre*.
Read first half, my response. Have not been attacked from behind because I respect people.

Ah yes the old 'can't argue so I'll make a point about spelling to make me look smart' do you think I really give a **** about my spelling on an Internet forum? Language is used to communicate a point which I obviously have managed to do successfully since you understood my points not to get into a dick waving contest about who is a better speller.

And no you clearly do not respect people since you expect them to be submissive to you.
This country is so Americanized it's untrue now.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Thanks for your response, but you're wrong. I described physical attributes because it matters.

Physical descriptions only really matter on tinder profiles afaik
] You’re supposed to measure the most lateral ends of the acromioclavicular joints, not around your delts.

Quick Reply

Latest