The Student Room Group

Gcse ocr b geography official thread for wednesday 8th june

How's everyone getting on with revision? Any predictions for case studies etc?
Maybe China's one child policy, earthquake in Haiti, Hurricane Katrina, water aid in mali.
I'm not sure, I'm just following what my teacher told us :smile:
Original post by anaraquel1234
Maybe China's one child policy, earthquake in Haiti, Hurricane Katrina, water aid in mali.
I'm not sure, I'm just following what my teacher told us :smile:

it won't be one child policy as that came up last year, maybe internal migration or retail change
Predict
P&S - transmigration or international or retail service
Natural Hazards - Hurricane Katrina or Mt Etna or Nevado Del Ruis
Economic Dev - Copper Mining or Aral Sea

Anyone else's opinions would be great!
Reply 4
My teacher think that:

Population & Settlement: North-south migration (internal migration)
Natural Hazards: The Big Dry - Australia (or whichever climactic MEDC hazard you studied)
Economic Development: Palm oil, Malaysia (or whatever you've done on location factors for an economical activity.)

Anyone have any ideas on what the shorter questions could be? (i.e. 'Define overpopulation.' [2] etc.?)
Reply 5
It may be 'what are the effect of migration to the country recieving immigrants' 4 marks.Unfortunately, 'define overpopulation' has already came up on a past paper, so it may not come up on this paper😬
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L0st45
My teacher think that:

Population & Settlement: North-south migration (internal migration)
Natural Hazards: The Big Dry - Australia (or whichever climactic MEDC hazard you studied)
Economic Development: Palm oil, Malaysia (or whatever you've done on location factors for an economical activity.)

Anyone have any ideas on what the shorter questions could be? (i.e. 'Define overpopulation.' [2] etc.?)

for location factors is that specific to an LEDC or just any because we have done on for an MEDC and one for an LEDC and I'm really praying its not the LEDC one
Original post by Sophiegraceb
for location factors is that specific to an LEDC or just any because we have done on for an MEDC and one for an LEDC and I'm really praying its not the LEDC one

What are the economic development location case studies for LEDC and MEDC
Original post by emzzymarsh
What are the economic development location case studies for LEDC and MEDC

MEDC - M4 Corridor
LEDC - South East Brazil
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Sophiegraceb

For an LEDC was the one I mentioned above.
What was the question where you had to ring an answer? I think I missed this out accidentally....
Reply 12
Original post by MaddieEdgoose
What was the question where you had to ring an answer? I think I missed this out accidentally....

sri lanka I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending