The Student Room Group

Breaking news: 9 shot in terrorist attack in Tel Aviv

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cali8re
Dare I say, cue Netenyahu's justification of a renewed genocide of Palestinian women and children in a few days then.

Oh wow, I had no idea. You really must direct me to Netanyahu's previous calls for "genocide" against the Palestinians.

In which case, the Israelis must be the most incompetent people in history given that only c.12,000 Palestinians have died in the conflict since 1948 and the Palestinian population has grown exponentially.

If Israel desired to carry out a genocide against the Palestinians then they have the means to do so. They don't, so it doesn't happen. Unlike Hamas, for example, who have called for a global genocide of Jewish people but don't have the means to do so (Article 7 of their 1988 Charter that calls for all Jews worldwide to be killed)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You are the one interpreting it like that.

Palestine is like 90% Muslim and about 2% Christian.

Which still leaves open the question of why this would be a "Muslim resistance" if the dispute in question is nationalistic and based on land.

In any case, I'm so revolted by your comments about "Muslim resistance" at the Bataclan theatre in Paris, bringing up the fact the Jewish owner had pro-Israel discussion events there as some kind of sane or logical justification or motive for attacks by ISIS terrorists who weren't even Palestinian, that I don't want to debate with you further. I'm genuinely shocked and disgusted
Original post by pantherxxxx
should have been 99 shot, the more zionists removed the better

I find your comment in bad taste
Original post by Thutmose-III
Unlike Hamas, for example, who have called for a global genocide of Jewish people but don't have the means to do so (Article 7 of their 1988 Charter that calls for all Jews worldwide to be killed)

doesn't that Labour bloke, you know the funny one with the beard, like to get all matey with these charmers ?
Original post by the bear
doesn't that Labour bloke, you know the funny one with the beard, like to get all matey with these charmers ?

You're right. If I recall correctly, during a meeting at the House of Commons he welcomed them as "friends" praised their "commitment to peace and social justice".

But he's definitely not soft on anti-semitism. No, it would clearly be highly offensive (or "subliminal nastiness", to quote the Dear Leader) to imply in any way that Corbyn's obsession with men who carry Kalashnikovs and wear balaclavas got in the way of him standing up to people who say all Jews must die.
You're right. If I recall correctly, during a meeting at the House of Commons he welcomed them as "friends" praised their "commitment to peace and social justice".

But he's definitely not soft on anti-semitism. No, it would clearly be highly offensive (or "subliminal nastiness", to quote the Dear Leader) to imply in any way that Corbyn's obsession with men who carry Kalashnikovs and wear balaclavas got in the way of him standing up to people who say all Jews must die.

i am sure that there are other inspiring items in the Hamas charter... care to share ?

:holmes:
Original post by the bear
i am sure that there are other inspiring items in the Hamas charter... care to share ?

:holmes:

Oh you know, the usual crap about the Jews tainting "Muslim lands". Their call for the death of all Jews is both sinister but also ludicrous in that way religious nuts tend to be; it says that in the endtimes when Muslims are killing the Jews even the trees will call out to Muslims "There is a Jew hiding behind me, come and get him" except the Gorkan tree (or something like that) which they say is "Well known as a Jewish tree" (thus it won't give up Jewish people hiding behind it). Madness.

There's also some nonsense about Jinns (Islamic aliens, basically)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

But in essence Hamas ideology can be boiled down to Article 8 describing the Hamas movement

Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.

There's a good translation here

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp
(edited 7 years ago)
That's almost a non-sequiter. Is it a justification for the actions of these terrorists?

As for Israel valuing human lives, even Hamas admits they do. Hamas said during the 2014 conflict that their tactic of "baring their chests at the F-16s" (i.e. having dozens of civilians crowd around the houses of Hamas commanders) was successful in deterring Israeli attacks.

Are you aware of Israel's "knock on the roof" tactic? Are you aware that Israel routinely dropped leaflets, and contacted Palestinians by automated phone and text messages to warn them of incoming airstrikes., but that they were often prevented from fleeing by the Hamas curfew?

It's quite clear Israel does value human life. The fact they allow 30,000 Palestinians from Gaza to come into Israel proper for medical treatment in hospitals, despite the fact this privilege has been repeatedly abused to carry out terror attacks, is demonstrative of their attitude. The fact Israel has provided substantial amounts of aid to Gaza even when the conflict was at its height and knowing that much of it would be siphoned by Hamas to sell at inflated prices, they continued to send it in.

Your comment is somewhat disappointing as you are usually an insightful and intelligent commenter on these forums

Dear oh dear, are you a Daily Mail,Torygraph/Sun reader?
There's none so blind as those who cannot see,sad but true.
https://youtu.be/kdCQYA3YHiw
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Because Israel really values human life, civilians in particular, doesn't it?

Well you didn't waste any ****ing time there eh?
Original post by Hendrix Lives
Dear oh dear, are you a Daily Mail,Torygraph/Sun reader?

I'm a Guardian-reading member of the Labour Party and trade unionist.

All your comment does is indicate that you have a rather simplistic and superficial mindset that views everything through a black-and-white filter. People either fit into the good column or the bad column, and if they're in the bad column they must possess all the same characteristics in common.

Oh and leaving aside the fact that everything I said in that comment is simply factual. It speaks volumes you were incapable of actually responding to the points or drawing attention to anything that is untrue in it

In any case, given that sort of superficial mindset is common amongst people of low intellects and high emotion, I can see very clearly there is little profit to be had in interacting with you.

Good night

I just checked out the video which you apparently posted to contradict my claims about Israel's practices in war.

I'm not sure how to put this... you do realise Aleppo is not in Palestine, right? It's in Syria, and the aircraft that are bombing it belong to the Syrian Air Force.

If you are so ignorant of basic Middle Eastern geography, how on earth can you make any claim to have an opinion anyone would take seriously on the Israel/Palestine question?

Anyway, the conclusion fo my previous comment stands, so good night.
Original post by NickLCFC
No need to be so disgusting and racist. We still don't know who carried out the shootings...

Even if they were so called 'Islamic' extremists, I think it's safe to say they have absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

RACIST?!
Reply 32
4 killed in Tel Aviv

Now wait for the thousands that will be killed in Palestine...
I don't see why people here are blaming Israel or implying that this terrorist attack is somehow justified. There is no justification and no reason for attacks like this to happen. The only reason they are happening is because of terrorism caused by religious extremism. No one is to blame for this attack except the terror group that carried them out.
Oh how sad.
Reply 35
Original post by Trapz99
I don't see why people here are blaming Israel or implying that this terrorist attack is somehow justified. There is no justification and no reason for attacks like this to happen. The only reason they are happening is because of terrorism caused by religious extremism. No one is to blame for this attack except the terror group that carried them out.

Last time Israel launched an air strike on Gaza killing civilians they justified it as 'Targeting Hamas'. smh
Are you aware of Israel's "knock on the roof" tactic? Are you aware that Israel routinely dropped leaflets, and contacted Palestinians by automated phone and text messages to warn them of incoming airstrikes., but that they were often prevented from fleeing by the Hamas curfew?

It's quite clear Israel does value human life. The fact they allow 30,000 Palestinians from Gaza to come into Israel proper for medical treatment in hospitals, despite the fact this privilege has been repeatedly abused to carry out terror attacks, is demonstrative of their attitude. The fact Israel has provided substantial amounts of aid to Gaza even when the conflict was at its height and knowing that much of it would be siphoned by Hamas to sell at inflated prices, they continued to send it in.

Your comment is somewhat disappointing as you are usually an insightful and intelligent commenter on these forums

Are you aware that Israel routinely dropped bombs, and killed Palestinians by airstrikes and artillery shells to warn them away from trying to live but that they were often prevented from fleeing by a heavily guarded wall kettling them into the Gaza Strip?

It's quite clear Israel doesn't value human life. The fact they killed thousands of Palestinians to create and maintain Israel, and the fact the privilege of allowing the Jews to live in Palestine after WW2 had been repeatedly abused to carry out terror attacks on Palestinians, is demonstrative of their attitude. The fact Israel has provided substantial amounts of suffering to Gaza even when the conflict was at its lowest and knowing that much of it would be antagonising Hamas to attack Israel, they continued to do it anyway.
Original post by Gswp
Last time Israel launched an air strike on Gaza killing civilians they justified it as 'Targeting Hamas'. smh

They were targeting Hamas. Gaza is, however, a densely populated area so clearly there is a chance of civilian casualties.
I'm a Guardian-reading member of the Labour Party and trade unionist.

All your comment does is indicate that you have a rather simplistic and superficial mindset that views everything through a black-and-white filter. People either fit into the good column or the bad column, and if they're in the bad column they must possess all the same characteristics in common.

Oh and leaving aside the fact that everything I said in that comment is simply factual. It speaks volumes you were incapable of actually responding to the points or drawing attention to anything that is untrue in it

In any case, given that sort of superficial mindset is common amongst people of low intellects and high emotion, I can see very clearly there is little profit to be had in interacting with you.

Good night

Good night,wake up and smell the coffee you moron.
http://www.countthekids.org
As for Aleppo,yes i know where it is,listen closely and it even tells you.
Before some tool here moans about how some Palestinians are celebrating this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/20/israelis-cheer-gaza-bombing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending