The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tbrou
What did everyone say for the agricultural change question?

An increase in agriculture would mean an increase in total population as there would be more food produce and therefore more food security, so less chance of death by starvation. Then I said the opposite for a decrease in agriculture.

I didn't do tourism but yes OCP was okay :smile:
Original post by IDEKOKAY
What did you put for the uses of the rural urban fringe?I put recreation, would that be right?

Wasn't this using the figure? I put country park with a grid reference for that one
Was the uses of the rural urban fringe in the Changing Urban Environments question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ge
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Unfortunately the question was to do with a non birth control policy.

The question did not specify non birth control it just said a policy to help a country cope with rapid population growth so the OCP would have been fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got the full paper with you. If so could you send me a picture of a page in urban environments with a question asking for a b or c using a map. Sorry I can't be more specific as I didn't answer and want to see how many questions I missed out. Would be great if you could
How many marks was that question?
Reply 269
Original post by Azarhuntttt
Have you got the full paper with you. If so could you send me a picture of a page in urban environments with a question asking for a b or c using a map. Sorry I can't be more specific as I didn't answer and want to see how many questions I missed out. Would be great if you could

Only did population, development and tourism so I only got pictures of them. Sorry I couldn't help.
Original post by caitlinford3
An increase in agriculture would mean an increase in total population as there would be more food produce and therefore more food security, so less chance of death by starvation. Then I said the opposite for a decrease in agriculture.

i think you also could have said, as technology advances in agriculture, the farming of the land shifts towards mechanisation meaning less children need to be concieved to help out and farm on the land, thats the textbook example
wasn't a hard paper, but probably around 64 like usual because people struggle with human more, I wouldn't be surprised with them being higher though

i did the london bombing in 2002 terrorist which cause decline... then in 2012 tourism started to increase due to 2012 olympics and recession in 1990s I think it was wrong :frown:(
Reply 272
Original post by Azarhuntttt
Could you have factories. Says it in one of the revision guides with farming to ??

I don't think so, since it had to be from the OS map
It was a picture of an African woman and you had to annotate the figure as to why her having a stove (not a proper oven) would increase her quality of life. I feel like it was in the development gap though, can't remember it being in urbanisation

It was in development gap and not urbanisation.

I did Galapagos Islands for the eco tourism case study in tourism
Reply 274
For the tourism case study, the only requirements were that the place that you chose was tropical and established. Also you had to involve sustainable tourism in somewhere. As long as the place has done things to keep tourists coming, and has tried to become more sustainable I don't think it matters whether an ecotourism case study or a mass tourism one like Jamaica
Original post by Gautham1000
dude just ignore jonam, I'm sure you'll be fine he goes to my school and he stresses himself and others; just concentrate on other stuff. According to the spec Kerala and China are acceptable

nice
Reply 276
I'm so happy. I only started my revision for both geo exams in the morning, so i had to predict the questions, and I got all the case study and own knowledge questions right in both papers :biggrin:. Tbh, as long as you have mastered the art of blagging, geography isn't too bad.
Reply 277

I did OCP and Jamaica, so pretty sure what you did was fine. Could also have done Kerala for the population 8 marker
Reply 278

I put that because there is better technology on the farms, less children are needed to work and that therefore reduces the birth rate, is that correct?
Reply 279
Original post by TracyEmu
People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??
It was a very tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was so confused with that question, but I labelled different parts, for example when tourism rose , I said it was development, like I used parts of the butler model..did anyone else do that?

Quick Reply