The Student Room Group

This is the end all for me.

Hi all...
I just want to let you know that I am absolutely fed up with my life so far, mainly due to AS level stress. I have high targeted grades for A2 set by my school which include three "a*" and two "a" grades, as I am doing five AS levels (subjects I actually enjoy). However, due to great emotional stress, I have gotten mediocre mock results due to a horrible illness at the time and every day I want to cry when I come home from an exam.
I have been however, doing well in class and at home when it comes to understanding the contents of work. However with the new A level reforms, and expecially the bloodbath of the C1 exam, (I wanted and I worked for) all high end A grades at AS, it is proving near impossible for me now. How am I going to be predicted very high grades now? I do not drink or go out to party and I spend a lot of time dedicating myself to my work and revising to the best of my ability and practicing exam questions and getting high grades in them but after I come out of the exams I want to cry! What is going on? I want to study design engineering at Imperial (teachers recommended Oxbridge based on my GCSE and target grades) and they are asking for A*AA at A2 but my teachers only think I will get mediocre grades at AS because of my mock results! I believe my teachers think little of me nowadays, pushing some boy in my class to do very well! Some teachers give me false hope that I will get all A grades in my exams, but I think some even said B and C! (only due to my mocks!) I want to kill myself now. WHAT THE HELL AM I MEANT TO DO!?!!?!? -_- Even though I practice many times these examiner idiots keep messing up the papers turning and twisting the questions what the hell!
And please don't judge me... I got eight a* grades and 3 a grades in gcse. I may not even get the grades I want to get at AS AAAAA I might end up getting horrible grades. And yes I was being realistic about my expectations.
Should I resit or what?

Sorry for being a pain in the neck, I am a very unhappy person.
Reply 1
resit, it's your best choice and it's only 1 extra year which in the long run means nothing
Ignore others' expectations of you. They're just making guesses at this point. They can't possibly know for sure how well you'll really do, because that's entirely up to you. Just keep working hard, check the grading sheets on AQA or OCR's website to check that you know most answers, and focus on doing well in the real exams.

Hopefully you'll be over your illness by the time the real exams come around; but if not, you could still just take resits.
Resit?
Great. Now I'm a failing student.
Mocks are called mocks for a reason, they're not the real exam. Ignore what your teachers are saying when it comes to what you'll get, just learn from your mistakes on past papers and do the best you can. There's no point stressing now, save that for when the results actually come out.
Yeah, and I go to a private school sixth form... but it is flooded up with people who don't want to work and get Es and Us. They're getting to my head! I didn't know it'll end up like this!
Who cares about mocks?

Wait till you get your actual AS results.
Original post by matthias-kohler
Resit?
Great. Now I'm a failing student.

You are the one that mentioned resit and then proceed to keep beating yourself up.

You can either carry on the way you are or get a grip and rethinkl where you are, why and what you plan to do about it.

the#1 priority is to protect yourself, whereas at the moment you are building things up in such a way you will crush yourself under the weight of your own and your teachers expectations.

They were only mocks. They count for nothing but learn from them.

Start doing past papers now and work with your teachers so you can deal with the bits where they think you are missing marks.

You should also build some sort of realxation and learn to deal wit stress or you cna carry on keeping yourself miserable.
I will just add again. You need to rethink how mych of the stress and pressure you are imposing on yourself amd get on top by getting some perspective. Its not as grim nor it need be as hard as you are makung it for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest