The Student Room Group

Ocr f321 , f322 retakes on 27/05/16 and 10/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lannew1
It has been as high as 52 but it turns out that people have found it harder than they initially thought so 48/49 sounds about right for an A

To be honest, our intake is a much smaller sample size so they can't form as easy a correlation as they can with other years. Also, the paper which was given 52 was wayyyy easier than this. I think 48-50 would be fair though.

I think it was quite difficult in that we had been given a lot of questions we'd never been asked, and not a lot of the questions we were used to, plus using knowledge not needed at AS as well as some obvious attempts to catch us out. The bulk of the paper was pretty good though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
What was answer to the oxidation state of Oxygen qu and also the number of atoms qu?
I wrote sulphur (VI) fluoride ... will it be considered right?
Reply 83
Original post by tammymxx

I think so
Anyone know if there is ( or will be ) an unofficial mark scheme for this? :smile: thanks
Original post by annaj97
What was answer to the oxidation state of Oxygen qu and also the number of atoms qu?

Oxygen in F2O was +2 because Fluorine was -1 (Order of priority is 1+ ions, 2+ ions, 3+ ions, Fluorine as -1, Hydrogen as +1, Oxygen as -2 and Chlorine as -1). We shouldn't have been examined on this according to the textbook but if you know the rules of priority, you could have worked it out.

If you're talking about the nitrogen one, it was the amount of molecules divided by Avogadro's constant (because moles x Avogadro's constant = amount of particles, so moles = amount of particles/Avogadro's constant), then multiplied by 2 because nitrogen is diatomic.

Original post by tammymxx

According to Wikipedia, sulfur (VI) fluoride is an alternative name for it, though the IUPAC name is sulfur hexafluoride so you'd be more secure with the latter, though there's a chance you might still be given the mark since it is an acceptable name.
Original post by I hate chemistry
Anyone know if there is ( or will be ) an unofficial mark scheme for this? :smile: thanks

Yes, there was one on Twitter. Not sure where but if you search ocr chemistry tags.
Reply 87
Original post by I hate chemistry

Search 'F321 unofficial markscheme' on here and you'll find pictures
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I haven't looked at F321 at all and I'm retaking F322, F321 stuff doesn't usually come up does it? I'm not sure how synoptic F322 can be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year I got: F321 - e, F322 - b. You should be fine :tongue:
Original post by EastGuava
Last year I got: F321 - e, F322 - b. You should be fine :tongue:

aha thanks, just beginning to panic now😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
me too! :s-smilie:

Yeah the only structurey thing that came up was comparing 2 structures that BOTH HAD METALLIC BONDING. I got the answer right I think, but that's only due to my A2 knowledge and a discussion with my friend 2 mins before we entered the exam hall. She must be psychic haha 😝
Hey guys! Any predictions for F322?!
Reply 92
Original post by harryheych
Hey guys! Any predictions for F322?!

Tbh I wouldn't bother with predictions. I remember a post on here about predictions for f321 and its was totally wrong.
Reply 93
how do you make margarine from H2
Hydrogenation, breaks carbon carbon double bonds and adds on H2 so molecule goes from unsaturated to saturated
Original post by Rxayz
how do you make margarine from H2

You can't make it from hydrogen itself. You have to have an unsaturated plant oil. You vaporize it, pass it over a nickel catalyst at 60 degrees Celsius and add hydrogen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone feeling about f322 on 10 friday?I think im ready but gotta do tons of spectrometry questions+learning heaps of that end section greenhouse stuff with the radicals and ozone layer breakdown :tongue:.
Hey!

Anybody got any tips for learning all of the reagents and conditions for reactions? I've done a ton of past papers, used post it's, drawn reaction diagrams and they just won't stick in my head. :s-smilie:

Apart from that and a few tid bits, I'm feeling alright for this paper. I got 81 UMS on this last year, I'm trying to bump it up to about 105/110 UMS, so that I can have a decent chance of getting a B this year. I wish I had more confidence in myself, but I was confident about my S1B exam today and the more I think about that the worse I've done. :frown:

Can't wait for results day so that this is all over!
Original post by sophiebookley
Hey!

Anybody got any tips for learning all of the reagents and conditions for reactions? I've done a ton of past papers, used post it's, drawn reaction diagrams and they just won't stick in my head. :s-smilie:

Apart from that and a few tid bits, I'm feeling alright for this paper. I got 81 UMS on this last year, I'm trying to bump it up to about 105/110 UMS, so that I can have a decent chance of getting a B this year. I wish I had more confidence in myself, but I was confident about my S1B exam today and the more I think about that the worse I've done. :frown:

Can't wait for results day so that this is all over!

Honestly, I know it sounds cliche but flashcards ! !! !!!

Just write the reaction on one side and the answer on the other side and test yourself, it honestly helps so much. Even the process of making the flashcards is a big help with memorisation.

I've made flashcards for the whole of A2 chem and it's helped with not getting confused between similar reactions and reagents and what not!

I'm in the same boat though, I got 90 something UMS and I'm hoping for an A so I can maybe get a B somehow :frown:
I heard everyone found that Stats exam hard so don't worry about aha!
Good call, great that he posts chem questions for causal revision whilst procrastinating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending