The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

that moment you've been fasting all day through 4 exams and then becomes invalidated straight after exams have finished :colonhash:
Reply 261
i feel like i'm back in year 7 reading this thread... moon wars.. seriously
Original post by Zara0526
Hahaha, oh no - yeah, it annoys me so much when they say stuff like that, or ask me if i'm feeling hungry! The worst thing is that the other Muslims at my school (there are only like 5 of us) weren't fasting and one even said 'I would never starve myself' (literally made me feel so sad)

Oh my God, no way, that's the worst, so you're the only one fasting! :eek: and ugh I hate it when people say that to me, I was just texting a friend yesterday who is not even muslim and she was saying all sorts of things like "ramadhan is awful" and "Why do you have to starve yourself, you gotta eat!"

:unimpressed:

Especially because she added "no offence" :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who gets a whole set of new clothes for eid.
I do
ramadan kareem my brothers and sisters ! remember this month is a time to seek forgiveness and be closer to god
Original post by nomophobia
Oh my God, no way, that's the worst, so you're the only one fasting! :eek: and ugh I hate it when people say that to me, I was just texting a friend yesterday who is not even muslim and she was saying all sorts of things like "ramadhan is awful" and "Why do you have to starve yourself, you gotta eat!"

:unimpressed:

Especially because she added "no offence" :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr, I feel like as the only Muslims in my school we should be showing that we at least all believe and respect the five pillars of Islam....now people at school see me as the strict Muslim, and the others as Liberal.

Ahh no, I wouldn't even know what to reply if one of my friends said that to me :/
Ikr, I feel like as the only Muslims in my school we should be showing that we at least all believe and respect the five pillars of Islam....now people at school see me as the strict Muslim, and the others as Liberal.

Ahh no, I wouldn't even know what to reply if one of my friends said that to me :/

:/ that's awful, being seen as a "strict muslim" just for fasting - thankfully there's loads of Muslims at my college.

Me either I was just a bit stunned but then I told her all the good things about it - she still doesn't get it but Smh :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:/ that's awful, being seen as a "strict muslim" just for fasting - thankfully there's loads of Muslims at my college.

Me either I was just a bit stunned but then I told her all the good things about it - she still doesn't get it but Smh :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, ahh no many of my friends don't understand either..... this is one of the reasons why I can't wait to go to University. The Muslims at my school are all hijabi's (I'm the only one that's not) so I get the feeling that they look down on me. That just leaves a whole bunch of non-muslims who are nice an all, but I can't wait to get more Muslim friends. :smile: :smile:
Hahaha, ahh no many of my friends don't understand either..... this is one of the reasons why I can't wait to go to University. The Muslims at my school are all hijabi's (I'm the only one that's not) so I get the feeling that they look down on me. That just leaves a whole bunch of non-muslims who are nice an all, but I can't wait to get more Muslim friends. :smile: :smile:

I think most of my friends don't even realise it's Ramadhan - but one of my best friends keeps going on about how she feels really bad for complaining she's hungry or thirsty or whatever or even if she's eating her lunch - even tho I'm not too bothered.

Ahhh I get you, the ones who wear jubbas and all look down on me but then because it was ramadhan I've started wearing jubbas and maxi dresses and now the others are judging :colonhash:

Oh yeah that'll be nice for you, idk what I'm gonna do tho because even tho there's loads of Muslims at my college I ended up mainly making friends with mostly white people but they're already talking about going partying and drinking next year when they turn 18 :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think most of my friends don't even realise it's Ramadhan - but one of my best friends keeps going on about how she feels really bad for complaining she's hungry or thirsty or whatever or even if she's eating her lunch - even tho I'm not too bothered.

Ahhh I get you, the ones who wear jubbas and all look down on me but then because it was ramadhan I've started wearing jubbas and maxi dresses and now the others are judging :colonhash:

Oh yeah that'll be nice for you, idk what I'm gonna do tho because even tho there's loads of Muslims at my college I ended up mainly making friends with mostly white people but they're already talking about going partying and drinking next year when they turn 18 :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to carry on wearing a jubbas after Ramadhan? I feel as if I should but I would be much more comfortable wearing one around other Muslims (who aren't judgey).... I know it's a pathetic excuse but I try much harder in improving other aspects of my deen :/
Yeah I get you with the partying and drinking, all my friends are going down the same route and although they still do outings e.g going to restaurants which I can attend , I know that all they will be talking about is clubbing...... oh and their boyfriends, one of my friends has recently got a boyfriend and she is obsessed with telling me about everything that they get up to (legit had to try and avoid her for a while as some of the stuff she was saying was so haram!!)
Original post by Hamoody
Laaiiisshhhh? :poke:
Wallaaahh :bandit:

3shan I'll be tired after the exam I did. Woo, 5la9 el madresa is over. 7amoody bachr I'll see bent 5aly finally!! 3azematny 3ala el fo6oor bachr outside at night! Just the two of us. W 3geb bachr betrou7 ma3ai to nana's. Don't be jealous. :hugs:
And 7amood mub zain, laish ma etsawi shay mufeed?
(if you don't understand any words, goul li :rofl: )
Original post by maria.x
3shan I'll be tired after the exam I did. Woo, 5la9 el madresa is over. 7amoody bachr I'll see bent 5aly finally!! 3azematny 3ala el fo6oor bachr outside at night! Just the two of us. W 3geb bachr betrou7 ma3ai to nana's. Don't be jealous. :hugs:
And 7amood mub zain, laish ma etsawi shay mufeed?
(if you don't understand any words, goul li :rofl: )

The way khaleejis talk is too feminine for my liking, i prefer the shaami dialect.
Does anyone here fast if they have exams????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ME! I have mocks but I've put a lot of effort. Fasting is compulsory and remember Allah isn't going to care about how your exams went in this dunya. I hate when people use exams as an excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you going to carry on wearing a jubbas after Ramadhan? I feel as if I should but I would be much more comfortable wearing one around other Muslims (who aren't judgey).... I know it's a pathetic excuse but I try much harder in improving other aspects of my deen :/
Yeah I get you with the partying and drinking, all my friends are going down the same route and although they still do outings e.g going to restaurants which I can attend , I know that all they will be talking about is clubbing...... oh and their boyfriends, one of my friends has recently got a boyfriend and she is obsessed with telling me about everything that they get up to (legit had to try and avoid her for a while as some of the stuff she was saying was so haram!!)

No, I feel quite self conscious in it and really am looking forward to returning back to my jeans after ramadhan - and I totally get how you feel, I suppose we just want to fit in with all the non Muslims. And yeah you'd rather improve at least some aspects of seen than not try at all - it's just really hard I suppose when all you want to do is everything your friends are doing.

Yeah :/ I don't know what I'm gonna do then cuz I obviously can't relate and I really don't want to spend ages hunting for more friends - Oh my god! Awwww that must be really awkward for you especially cuz you probably don't want to interrupt her - i haven't had that issue, none of my friends want boyfriends so that's a plus. And besides, half of my muslim friends have boyfriends anyway >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't - I can't concentrate at all especially cuz they're in the afternoon, and it's boiling hot especially my exam room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mrs.Grey
ME! I have mocks but I've put a lot of effort. Fasting is compulsory and remember Allah isn't going to care about how your exams went in this dunya. I hate when people use exams as an excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have mocks. They don't matter lol - and when you're doing GCSEs/A-Levels you never know, you may be one of those people who you hate and uses exams as an excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I feel quite self conscious in it and really am looking forward to returning back to my jeans after ramadhan - and I totally get how you feel, I suppose we just want to fit in with all the non Muslims. And yeah you'd rather improve at least some aspects of seen than not try at all - it's just really hard I suppose when all you want to do is everything your friends are doing.

Yeah :/ I don't know what I'm gonna do then cuz I obviously can't relate and I really don't want to spend ages hunting for more friends - Oh my god! Awwww that must be really awkward for you especially cuz you probably don't want to interrupt her - i haven't had that issue, none of my friends want boyfriends so that's a plus. And besides, half of my muslim friends have boyfriends anyway >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i suppose most people find it hard 😞

Your Muslim friends have boyfriends!? That is totally unheard of in my area. I'm just praying that the Uni i go to has s good I-SOC. Alhamdulillah the uni my sister goes to (LSE) has a really good I-SOC!
Original post by saeed9747
The way khaleejis talk is too feminine for my liking, i prefer the shaami dialect.

Hahaha, what are you pointing to? :rofl: I can't change the way I talk, and no it's not really 'feminine' when we speak.
Edit: Ah, I get why you said that. He's a khaleeji too, I just get paranoid that he won't understand somehow. But he does.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending