The Student Room Group

How many hours sleep do you function on?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrs.Grey
Right now I function on 4-6 hrs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five:
I can barely get by on 7 hours, nine is optimum
Like 6 hours.
I usually do 2-3 hours one night, then like 7 the next, and repeat.
I normally get 4-6 hours sleep. Ideally I need 8 hours, but I struggle to sleep in the first place anyway so only get that much on the weekend :emo:
what is sleep? knowing that I have a Physics exam tomorrow, sleeping ain't a option its a waste of time. Joke loool I need to sleep asap
Reply 26
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I usually do 2-3 hours one night, then like 7 the next, and repeat.

Serious? 2hrs? How do you guys do it
Reply 27
About 3 and I have a maths exam tomorrow but MY STUPID F*CKING BODY WONT SLEEP. i want to die.
I can do 6, although I prefer 9

I often get 3-5 hours but if that happens i almost always nap for a couple of hours when im home :tongue:
Original post by stop888
Serious? 2hrs? How do you guys do it

Spoiler

Reply 30
I thought 4 hrs was bad but 2 sounds like something straight from hell :redface: Would you say you're tired all the time?
Half an hour.
13 hours excluding naps

I don't why I sleep so much these days...
Around 2-5 hours.
Original post by stop888
My average is 8-10 hours. I used to sleep a lot more. Any less than that and I'll feel too tired to function. But then I see people on here who say they sleep for only 4 hrs every night and it's like :confused:
when I have work I usually get 5 to 7 hours work...
Reply 35
I learnt the hard way that I can function on 4-10 hours of sleep. Due to underlying health conditions, I could sleep for up 16hrs. Though I prefer the former from the latter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally I go to sleep at 2:30 and wake up at 7:30 so 5 hours. But I have been known to stay up till about 6 and it doesn't seem to affect me that much tbh. That's probably why I do it so often ahaha
7-8 hours
As many as possible!

About 9, but I can function on zero hours for a few days, not that I'd reccomend trying it again!

But who wouldn't want to spend their life asleep?:biggrin:
Usually, on normal weeks I have around 5/6 hours, but then on weekends I try to get about 8 hours a night. In exam season, I try to make sure I have around 7/8 hours per night because I think it's really important to be extra focused when you're taking an exam, and I need a lot more sleep than usual to be able to concentrate like that for 1/2 hours at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest