The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student 1305
I have a really bad feeling it'll be on the cabinet or something like ' how important is the cabinet' because that hasn't come up since 2012 :frown:
ngl you can just switc around your plan for how powerful the PM is and re work your argument :smile:

what for the cabinet :redface: do you still think talking about past pms is a good idea or would you focus just from blair up to cameron? or does it not really matter
then again, the sources kinda give you the answer and jog your memory so you can start quite quickly
but reading them is just LONG

Original post by JamieHarris1998
I think that the source takes longer because unlike in unit 1 we can't get straight into it

Posted from TSR Mobile
i shall join you dw
Constituiton is stressing me though.. theres SO MUCH to learn and its just :s-smilie:

i know im going through it right now! if i didnt have the politics review article about post 10 reforms i would be screwed
I would mostly focus on the recent pms, so yes blair, brown, coalition and current government
Original post by mollyadtr
what for the cabinet :redface: do you still think talking about past pms is a good idea or would you focus just from blair up to cameron? or does it not really matter
i know im going through it right now! if i didnt have the politics review article about post 10 reforms i would be screwed

Is there any chance you could send a photo of this article? Would be a life saver!
I would mostly focus on the recent pms, so yes blair, brown, coalition and current government

oh then thats not aS bad as i thought it would be... what would be your top picks that youd want to come up?
Original post by Gracie_Browning
Is there any chance you could send a photo of this article? Would be a life saver!

No problem at all!☺️
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465456027.967835.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you think they would ask about 'grounds for resignation for ministers'???
Constitution:
uncodified and codified argument
but tbh i really don't like this topic at all

Parliament:
functions of parliament
reform of HofL
to what extent does parliament control the executive
relationship between parliament and executive

PM
PM as too powerful
role of pm and cabinet
ministerial responsibility
relationship between cabinet and pm

if any of these come up, itll be so good
i really hope Pm is a source and parliament is an essay :frown: what would be your ideeal topics

oh then thats not aS bad as i thought it would be... what would be your top picks that youd want to come up?
Someone please. I have no clue how to structure this one and don't want to lose marks because of this.
For Qu A. Do we get all of our points from the source?
For Qu B. Do we only take one of our points from the source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem at all!☺️
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465456027.967835.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you send me the resit predictions ? Please
do you think they would ask about 'grounds for resignation for ministers'???
Constitution:
uncodified and codified argument
but tbh i really don't like this topic at all

Parliament:
functions of parliament
reform of HofL
to what extent does parliament control the executive

PM
PM as too powerful
role of pm and cabinet
ministerial responsibility

if any of these come up, itll be so good
i really hope Pm is a source and parliament is an essay :frown: what would be your ideeal topics

probably not as an essay question?? but most probably in the source that would be a nice question about reasons for resignation too

and practically the same as you!
i dont know what id do for that ministerial responsibility if that was an essay..is there even enough things to write about or would it be a comparison between collective and individual?
Original post by King Geedorah
Someone please. I have no clue how to structure this one and don't want to lose marks because of this.
For Qu A. Do we get all of our points from the source?
For Qu B. Do we only take one of our points from the source?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For part A in question A, yes you largely get all the points. For part B, you get some of the points, and then have to think of your own (e.g. two points from the source, one from your own knowledge)
i highly doubt they would put it asa a 25/40 marker. probably as a 10 or 15 and we can use IDS as recent example (resigned on the 18th march eventhough he signed the budget the wednesday before) :smile: lets just hope this paper is nicer!! xx
probably not as an essay question?? but most probably in the source that would be a nice question about reasons for resignation too

and practically the same as you!
i dont know what id do for that ministerial responsibility if that was an essay..is there even enough things to write about or would it be a comparison between collective and individual?
Original post by LennyBicknel
For part A in question A, yes you largely get all the points. For part B, you get some of the points, and then have to think of your own (e.g. two points from the source, one from your own knowledge)

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hurbad
Can you send me the resit predictions ? Please

constitution:
how features of constitution has changed
post 2010 reform or refrom success/failure/relevance in general
arguments for and against codification
how does the constitution limit gov power

parliament:
how does the parliament or individually the commons limit gov power/ hold them to acccount/scrutinise them
reform of parliament or just lords to fully elected chamber argument
is the lords becoming more significant
parliament functions/limitations
how effective are backbench mps

pm and cabinet
power
role of pm and cabiet
relevance of cabinet today

theres more but i cant remember..its really difficult to predict for unit 2
i highly doubt they would put it asa a 25/40 marker. probably as a 10 or 15 and we can use IDS as recent example (resigned on the 18th march eventhough he signed the budget the wednesday before) :smile: lets just hope this paper is nicer!! xx

youre so up to date! :tongue: i dont know anything about it but im glad you do :smile:
so do i!!
somehow i think we should all keep in contact and see what we all got for results?xx
Quickly what points would you use for does parliament hold gov to account?
I've got a few but want to make certain
constitution:
how features of constitution has changed
post 2010 reform or refrom success/failure/relevance in general
arguments for and against codification
how does the constitution limit gov power

parliament:
how does the parliament or individually the commons limit gov power/ hold them to acccount/scrutinise them
reform of parliament or just lords to fully elected chamber argument
is the lords becoming more significant
parliament functions/limitations
how effective are backbench mps

pm and cabinet
power
role of pm and cabiet
relevance of cabinet today

theres more but i cant remember..its really difficult to predict for unit 2

Features of the constitution changed how many marks is that?
Original post by xxvine
Quickly what points would you use for does parliament hold gov to account?
I've got a few but want to make certain

uhhh, select committees, legislative committees (of both houses), opposition in commons, if opposition in commons is weak lords steps in, questions to ministers eg prime minister question time. questions to ministers arent always true as they have an army of civil service workers helping ministers to plan questions, accountability by means or individual ministerial response- unwritten convention, stuff like debating and so on
Reply 1159
Does anyone have any essay plans for judiciary???

Such as are judges too powerful?
Or how effectively the judiciary holds the executive to account?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending