The Student Room Group

A2 media studies exam- wjec help!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vegetable
Hi there, I'm also doing wjec a2 media. Does anyone have any predictions of what the questions may be on? I'm so nervous and behind!

I'm not really going to predict what questions are going to come up. I'm just gonna read over my case studies and practise past paper questions. That's the best way. Audience will definitely come up I reckon.
Reply 21
How did everyone find the exam?

I chose:
A1 - film (representation is simplistic or not)!
B1 - video games (audience positioning)
B3 - newspapers (explore the factors that must be considered for production)

Overall I think it went pretty well. I was squashed for time as I spent 10 mins starring at the questions. A bit different this year. I would have preferred something like Jan 2012. Oh well! I am glad it's over! And my hand didn't fall off after the 2hr and 30mins :P
Reply 22
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
How did everyone find the exam?

I chose:
A1 - film (representation is simplistic or not)!
B1 - video games (audience positioning)
B3 - newspapers (explore the factors that must be considered for production)

Overall I think it went pretty well. I was squashed for time as I spent 10 mins starring at the questions. A bit different this year. I would have preferred something like Jan 2012. Oh well! I am glad it's over! And my hand didn't fall off after the 2hr and 30mins :P

I chose the first one for narrative, second and third one regulation & audience positioning.
Film
TV
Computer games - regulation.
It went really well tbh!! However I did run out of time for the last one but managed to include all 3 texts including detail only problem was my handwriting was terrible so hope I don't get penalised for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by upetro1
I chose the first one for narrative, second and third one regulation & audience positioning.
Film
TV
Computer games - regulation.
It went really well tbh!! However I did run out of time for the last one but managed to include all 3 texts including detail only problem was my handwriting was terrible so hope I don't get penalised for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess the questions depend on you and how much you know abou he industry. But great questions!
I love video games, films were OK and newspapers was meh. We couldn't change this industry but I would have done music. I'm glad it's over!
They should still be able to make out some words.
Best of luck for other exams!
I chose A1 (simplistic representation) for Section A with my industry as Film.
B1 (audience positioning) with my industry as Advertising.
B4 (actual audience response) with my industry as Music.

Overall the exam went really well to be honest.
I easily passed through the representation question. I was really happy when that question came up because on Saturday i had answered that exact question.
The two audiences questions were ideal. Most of my revision for Section B had been focused on audience so for it to come up was great.
The only downside was that I had run out of time for the last question but luckily was able to mention all three texts and 2 theorists.

I hope everyone gets the grade they were aiming for!
Reply 25
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4151169

I made a thread also for anyone doing OCR ICT - the exam is on the 22nd June
Reply 26
Original post by dalvin_sey
I chose A1 (simplistic representation) for Section A with my industry as Film.
B1 (audience positioning) with my industry as Advertising.
B4 (actual audience response) with my industry as Music.

Overall the exam went really well to be honest.
I easily passed through the representation question. I was really happy when that question came up because on Saturday i had answered that exact question.
The two audiences questions were ideal. Most of my revision for Section B had been focused on audience so for it to come up was great.
The only downside was that I had run out of time for the last question but luckily was able to mention all three texts and 2 theorists.

I hope everyone gets the grade they were aiming for!

Oh wow that's perfect for you then!
That's exactly like me - I love the audience questions. But when I saw B3 I was like 'this would fit with newspapers' cuz it was so broad.
I am gutted marketing and promotion didn't come up but at least the questions were pretty decent.
I would have love to have done music industry - I like Korean pop, I am so obsessed with it so learning about something you like is pretty easy and also fun!

Yeah I managed to write about all 3 texts for the last question and included enough theorists. I am aiming for an A. Hopefully.

Good luck for results day!
Reply 27
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
Oh wow that's perfect for you then!
That's exactly like me - I love the audience questions. But when I saw B3 I was like 'this would fit with newspapers' cuz it was so broad.
I am gutted marketing and promotion didn't come up but at least the questions were pretty decent.
I would have love to have done music industry - I like Korean pop, I am so obsessed with it so learning about something you like is pretty easy and also fun!

Yeah I managed to write about all 3 texts for the last question and included enough theorists. I am aiming for an A. Hopefully.

Good luck for results day!

Good luck too! The best for all your other subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest