The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
A* - 51/60

A - 47/60

Just a prediction.

Also, the 12 marker which you're arguing about 'Compare SLT with an alternate explanation' wasn't asking you to simply describe another theory and relate it to Nicole, you had to actually compare the nuances of each theory pertaining to similarities/differences; though I'm sure that by describing an alternate theory your comparison to SLT is probably implicit.

Best of luck for Unit 4 all.
Original post by Zer0.
A* - 51/60

A - 47/60

Just a prediction.

Also, the 12 marker which you're arguing about 'Compare SLT with an alternate explanation' wasn't asking you to simply describe another theory and relate it to Nicole, you had to actually compare the nuances of each theory pertaining to similarities/differences; though I'm sure that by describing an alternate theory your comparison to SLT is probably implicit.

fuuuck!!! omg lol. urgh
Original post by Zer0.
A* - 51/60

A - 47/60

Just a prediction.

I think that's a bit high tbh because last year's paper was nice and for an A* you need 47/60- but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone found an unofficial mark scheme of some sort anywhere?
Original post by Mollyql_27
I think that's a bit high tbh because last year's paper was nice and for an A* you need 47/60- but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think it might go up a mark or two but not that much

Original post by OLLYPOP
anyone found an unofficial mark scheme of some sort anywhere?

Don't bother lol. It's marked subjeçtively using the mark scheme as a guide, not worth getting your hopes up/panicing
guys do u think the grade boundaries will go up? from my school a lot of the people found it a good paper and on twitter people are complaining its hard. so what do u guys think? i hope the grade boundaries stay the same!!
Original post by heatherschofield
What did you write for "what is criminological psychology?" :':wink:

i basically tried to include the whole spec i dont even know what i did i just tried to include anthing so i could get 3 marks
@rileystringer1 how much unit 4 have you done?
Any predictions for unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if you have referenced the second explanation of criminal behaviour to Nicole's criminal behaviour it's still difficult to mark you down because you have still compared it to the SLT regardless, but just in context with the scenario (if it was suppose to be a general comparison I believe they would still give you marks as they will take account of your knowledge provided). If anything they would most likely also account the scenario link as examples to the explanation, so I think no one should worry as long as they described both explanations and referred to Nicole atleast once.
Does anyone have unit 4 (Clinical and Issues+Debates) revision notes they can share :frown:
That's the unit I'm struggling the most :// No where near ready
Original post by chickenfoot
@rileystringer1 how much unit 4 have you done?

Revision? Nothing yet lol but I'll be revising it all week alongside Human Biology. To be fair I find most of clinical pretty simple, and issues and debates is usually fine, so if anything I need to work on timing because there's just not enough time :redface:

Original post by Themodeststudent
Any predictions for unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher thinks ethnocentrism will be an 18 marker as it's the only debate that hasn't come up yet. Also expect questions on the clinical practical and key issue, likely to be a 12 marker

Original post by FemaleBo55
Does anyone have unit 4 (Clinical and Issues+Debates) revision notes they can share :frown:

Yep I'll share some
Original post by Zer0.
A* - 51/60

A - 47/60

Just a prediction.

I agree with these predictions, the exam was far easier than previous years. Despite the boundary never exceeding 50 for an A*, I believe this year it will.

With regards to the 12 marker, I definitely believe that merely saying 'social learning theory explains Nicole's behaviour as XYZ' conversely, SFP explains Nicole's behaviour as XYZ will suffice

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Schizophrenia was a large part of the exam last year so we can probably expect our chosen disorder to be a large part this year (I think it'll be a cognitive explanation of depression for those of you who chose depression), Rosenhan maybe, I doubt cognitive therapy will come up - it was the essay last year so another therapy from a different approach! I also think (or maybe it's wishful thinking) that contributions will come up as one of the 18 markers, as well as probably ethnocentrism!
Original post by Julieplec

With regards to the 12 marker, I definitely believe that merely saying 'social learning theory explains Nicole's behaviour as XYZ' conversely, SFP explains Nicole's behaviour as XYZ will suffice

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sure?

So for example, imagine we get in the exam on Tuesday and one of the questions is "Compare the biological explanation for schizophrenia with one other (6)". I write something like: The dopamine hypothesis explains schizophrenia as being caused by over-activity at synapses in the brain that are sensitive to dopamine. The social causation hypothesis suggests that the cause of schizophrenia is living in highly urbanised, densely populated areas of low economic status.

How many marks would I get? None, because I've describe two theories, I haven't made an explicit comparison. If it wanted two theories described plainly, it would ask for it.

I don't want to make anyone panic or say that I know what the mark scheme will look like, but I do know that in a comparison question you have to actually make comparisons rather than just stating how the explanations differ.

Spoiler

Original post by FemaleBo55

Those are my notes on the 4 debates, 2 ethics studies and my 5 contributions from the AS approaches
(Bare in mind some of my notes are actually revision posters, some are just essays that I got marked and made into posters by hand)
(Does someone.docx = nature/nurture)
Those are the rest that I have saved..

For the second disorder we did Phobias, so the two explanations are Learning (classical conditioning then operant conditioning) and Psychodynamic (repression then displacement), and the two treatments are Learning (systematic desensitisation) and Psychodynamic (psychoanalysis). The study into phobias we looked at was Cook and Mineka.

I doubt anyone else did Phobias though
Reply 317
GUYS IM FREAKING OUT
WHAT IF I DID NOT TICK THE BOXES???????? will they still mark the paper????????
Original post by baebae
GUYS IM FREAKING OUT
WHAT IF I DID NOT TICK THE BOXES???????? will they still mark the paper????????

Our invigilator said at the end to make sure you tick the boxes because if not there stands a chance you won't get marked for that section

But don't worry, as long as you've only answered questions in 2 sections then they'll be marked. Au cas you don't, just appeal :h:
Original post by rileystringer1
Those are the rest that I have saved..

For the second disorder we did Phobias, so the two explanations are Learning (classical conditioning then operant conditioning) and Psychodynamic (repression then displacement), and the two treatments are Learning (systematic desensitisation) and Psychodynamic (psychoanalysis). The study into phobias we looked at was Cook and Mineka.

I doubt anyone else did Phobias though

We did phobias!!! Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending