The Student Room Group

Did anyone take AS CIE Chemistry exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fandom-queen
yup. I did 12. It was terrible

no no it wasnt hard i diid paper 11 it was preety good, ok not that good but it was fine i wudnt say horrible
BTW where did u mess up ...organic? cuz the only part i found hard was inorganic ......
Original post by moiz_666
What's the minimum score to get an A In AS chemistry out of 140 . And would the percentile be higher this time ? Thanks

On avg. of 100 marks,,
I don't think so;
I feel a bit scared too.
Original post by Hirusha Madushan
On avg. of 100 marks,,
I don't think so;
I feel a bit scared too.

-_- Don't make me come to Sri Lanka and kill you myself. It's a hop, skip, jump away.

Spoiler

FINALLY FOUND AN ACTIVE CIE THREAD!

Gave the 12 variant of chemistry yesterday from Pakistan and tbh most people found it pretty easy though someone did say it was long
But for everyone whose worrying about the paper.. .don't...in fact forget you ever took it as you can't change anything about it.
Literally everyone is in the same boat.....I hacked my practicals to death! Yes...all three of them. I don't know whether it was bad luck or whether I had faulty appratus but in every practical my readings were wayyyy off.
Hopefully, come August, we'll all be getting A's. Though I am considering whether I should turn up on results day or not🙃😅!
Btw isnt the gt usually around 90-95 for an A in Chemistry out of 130?
Original post by Planehopper
FINALLY FOUND AN ACTIVE CIE THREAD!

Gave the 12 variant of chemistry yesterday from Pakistan and tbh most people found it pretty easy though someone did say it was long
But for everyone whose worrying about the paper.. .don't...in fact forget you ever took it as you can't change anything about it.
Literally everyone is in the same boat.....I hacked my practicals to death! Yes...all three of them. I don't know whether it was bad luck or whether I had faulty appratus but in every practical my readings were wayyyy off.
Hopefully, come August, we'll all be getting A's. Though I am considering whether I should turn up on results day or not🙃😅!

EASY? HOW WAS IT EASY?!

Spoiler

I dunno...I guess I found it easier compared to the the previous years...especially after seeing last years paper. Why what happened? Seriously don't stress about it....you'll do great! I guess you have Physics tomorrow....right?
And NEVER blame yourself if you know you've tried your best....we all have our strengths and weaknesses if Chemistry isn't one of them then so what! Im sure that you'll be great at something else which you truly enjoy. There are other opportunities in life and there are always second chances.
Btw isnt the gt usually around 90-95 for an A in Chemistry out of 130?
last year it was 95. if this year was easier than last, it could be 95+
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
last year it was 95. if this year was easier than last, it could be 95+

It could be... but personally I doubt it as the grade thresholds do seem to hover around the same mark inspite of whether the paper was easy or not. Let's just hope it's as low as possible!
Reply 270
Original post by fandom-queen
I feel like it probably is, everyone seems to be finding the papers easy.

I dont agree. I think percentile will be lower. Our papers were hard. Actually hard and its new syllabus bew batch so i believe percentile will be lower. In shaa Allah
Original post by A.S.J
I dont agree. I think percentile will be lower. Our papers were hard. Actually hard and its new syllabus bew batch so i believe percentile will be lower. In shaa Allah

What variants did you take? You're talking about AS...right?
Original post by alyoan tariq
hey hw was paper 1 biology i found it a bit hard ...just a bit not that much though.....
but like it wasnt THAT hard thoughbut some questions were like annoying !!!!!!! .....hw was urs?

Well, it actually went quite good for me...
Though some questions were a bit confusing but i managed to do em..
How did ur chem p11 go?
It was generally easy (again with a couple of questions being confusing)
I sort of ran out of time for a few questions (so I had to randomly choose answers for em' (fingers crossed)):colonhash:
Original post by Random98
Well, it actually went quite good for me...
Though some questions were a bit confusing but i managed to do em..
How did ur chem p11 go?
It was generally easy (again with a couple of questions being confusing)
I sort of ran out of time for a few questions (so I had to randomly choose answers for em' (fingers crossed)):colonhash:

So for the first question for organic.... the one where they gave 2 ring structures and we had to find isomers by adding methyl groups. What did u choose?
I chose 5 isomers and 4 pi electrons:afraid:

And also for the ideal gas question where they asked which 3 statements regarding ideal gases is correct. Was the 3rd statement right or wrong? (molecules of ideal gas have zero volume)
Reply 274
Original post by Some one
So for the first question for organic.... the one where they gave 2 ring structures and we had to find isomers by adding methyl groups. What did u choose?

And also for the ideal gas question where they asked which 3 statements regarding ideal gases is correct. Was the 3rd statement right or wrong? (molecules of ideal gas have zero volume)

Yup, I Ideal gas has 0 volume. And the answer for the other question was 3 isomers I think.
Are you done with physics paper 1 variant 1??
Original post by Some one

uhhh tbh, I didn't really solve for the isomer question (I'm pretty bad at isomers so i made a wild guess for that one)
As for the Ideal gas, yes the 3rd statement is correct. :smile:
Original post by ZK123
Yup, I Ideal gas has 0 volume. And the answer for the other question was 3 isomers I think.
Are you done with physics paper 1 variant 1??

Nope I have it tomorrow. I think 3 is wrong as the atom attached to aldehyde group was chiral so all carbon atoms were different (there were no mirror planes)

Original post by Random98
uhhh tbh, I didn't really solve for the isomer question (I'm pretty bad at isomers so i made a wild guess for that one)
As for the Ideal gas, yes the 3rd statement is correct. :smile:

Oh ok. I was confused as my book says that "Volume of particles is negligible compared to the volume of container" .
Reply 277
Yeah, me too!
Original post by A+girl
Yeah, me too!
Found that question quite ambiguous. For example in nuclear physics, when using nuclear notation the mass of an electron is 0, but in reality it's not zero.
It could be... but personally I doubt it as the grade thresholds do seem to hover around the same mark inspite of whether the paper was easy or not. Let's just hope it's as low as possible!

Hopefully it's not like last year ( may/june for the variant 1's) . If you met the minimum number of marks to get an A in all 3 papers, overall you would end up with a high B something like 86, tho a grade A started at 95.

Quick Reply

Latest