The Student Room Group

Will unis see our AS grades?

I want to apply for medicine next year and just saw this link https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-schools-as-levels-2017-entry/ When they say AS levels won't be taken into account does that still mean we have to declare them on UCAS. I'm taking bio, chem, maths and psychology and am dropping psych, but have taken as levels in all four subjects.

Everything is to be declared. If you have failed any, i do not recommend applying to Medicine
Reply 2
So even if the unis say they won't take them into account we still have to declare them? What about people that don't have AS levels?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Everything is to be declared. If you have failed any, i do not recommend applying to Medicine

So if you did a year of AS physics and then dropped it do you have to declare that?
Original post by Big white
So if you did a year of AS physics and then dropped it do you have to declare that?

Yes as it's a qualification like your other ASs
Original post by __Grace1999
So even if the unis say they won't take them into account we still have to declare them? What about people that don't have AS levels?

Every qualification should be declared. A university may choose to ignore them but your UCAS application REQUIRES all qualifications declared. It's up to the universities to decide what is considered from a full set of information not for you to decide what is relevant.

All schools have been advised to explain whether AS levels are offered or not and what predicted grades have been based off in your reference.
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Yes as it's a qualification like your other ASs

Well ****, i did really bad in it.....
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Every qualification should be declared. A university may choose to ignore them but your UCAS application REQUIRES all qualifications declared. It's up to the universities to decide what is considered from a full set of information not for you to decide what is relevant.

All schools have been advised to explain whether AS levels are offered or not and what predicted grades have been based off in your reference.

By ignoring do you mean they will place more emphasis on our predicted grades, or do you mean they can chose to not even see our AS grades?
Original post by __Grace1999
By ignoring do you mean they will place more emphasis on our predicted grades, or do you mean they can chose to not even see our AS grades?

I mean they will ignore the information if that's what they say that they will do.

Quick Reply

Latest