The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

It does not say we need to know the practicals on the specification though...
Original post by Amar Chana
It does not say we need to know the practicals on the specification though...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/physics-7407-7408/spec-at-a-glance

Paper 2

Up to you if you want to revise the practicals. I've been told that it is on the paper and so does the website.
do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?
Not feeling confident for this exam based off the difficulty of the specimen papers.
Original post by money-for-all
do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?

My teacher said they might compensate for the lack of particles in this paper.
Original post by CrazyFool229
My teacher said they might compensate for the lack of particles in this paper.

what do you mean by that ?

so does your teacher say that there is likey to be a lot of particle physics on this paper?
quick question:

would you have to draw the appartus and set up used for a practical ?
what do you mean by that ?

so does your teacher say that there is likey to be a lot of particle physics on this paper?

Yeah there might be
Original post by not_lucas1
what is the stopping potential equation? Ive googled it but it came up with dodgy symbols that i havent seen before

eVs = Ekmax
quick question:

would you have to draw the appartus and set up used for a practical ?

If they ask you to then yes. they might for example ask you to draw a suitable circuit for a given electricity experiment
Reply 110
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Saammmeee :s-smilie:

Unfortunately, there aren't any Youtube videos on the set 2 specimen paper that I know of, but there's a channel called ' LAE Physics ' which I find quite helpful and he goes through some of the practical skills that used to be tested in coursework but are now tested in this evil exam.

For example, heres a video he did on calculating uncertainties ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGSDHSOM5E

Hi I don't know weather it is too late for you or not. Maybe we can all revise tomorrow morning as it is in the afternoon. There is this video, I don't know weather it is this paper you are talking about, but this is the Paper 2 specimen paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02_D8cZHkZM
Enjoy this video, and good luck !
I definitely know that I'll be needing it
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Saammmeee :s-smilie:

Unfortunately, there aren't any Youtube videos on the set 2 specimen paper that I know of, but there's a channel called ' LAE Physics ' which I find quite helpful and he goes through some of the practical skills that used to be tested in coursework but are now tested in this evil exam.

For example, heres a video he did on calculating uncertainties ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGSDHSOM5E

This link was so useful!! learnt so much from it. I just have 1 question, when would you us the actual uncertainty and when would you half it like on a ruler the uncertainty is 1mm but on some questions they use 0.05mm? Thankyouuuu
Is the exam in the afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by omer_bawa
Is the exam in the afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep its in the afternoon
Can anybody help with a multiple choice quetsion on specimen paper 2 from set 2
Q13?
Original post by Kraixo
Attachment not found
del.png

Hi can someone explain how to answer those 2 questions thanks.

Hey on this paper can you explain how to do Q26 Q25 Q23 and Q13 On the multiple choice?
Can someone explain how you would work out total resistance of a circuit if you are given 4 resistors in a square layout and then 1 extra to the side?
How do you measure fringe spacing!!? Can someone please explain how you can calculate fringe spacing by measuring a large number of fringes.
Reply 118
Original post by Someboady
How do you measure fringe spacing!!? Can someone please explain how you can calculate fringe spacing by measuring a large number of fringes.

To minimise errors, measure the distance from the first bright fringe to the last bright fringe (this is a larger distance so reduces uncertainty) and then divide that by the number of spaces to get the distance between consecutive bright fringes.
Original post by Tim73
To minimise errors, measure the distance from the first bright fringe to the last bright fringe (this is a larger distance so reduces uncertainty) and then divide that by the number of spaces to get the distance between consecutive bright fringes.

Got it thanks! Also can w=lambda * d / s be applied to Diffraction gratings ?

Quick Reply

Latest