The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HouseOfRichman
Anyone have any predicted grade boundaries for the higher tier paper (obviously just based on 1 paper atm so out of 100)? I think I got at least 86 or so marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would probably say around 83. I'm annoyed as I reckon I got around 84.
Original post by sickaaron
Just going from what my tutor told me (our class)

June 2015 Grade Boundaries were - 139 overall - so 69.5% per paper - But you can't get half a mark, so 70% per paper to get a C.
Nov 2015 Grade Boundaries were - 144 overall - so 72% per paper to get a C.

But the boundaries are normally higher in the Nov sitting compared with the June, due to the amount of people taking the exams at those points.

This is just for foundation paper though. To get a C overall in the higher paper you need 65/200 (june 2015 grade boundaries) so it may change by a couple marks either way.
Original post by Tom1699
I would probably say around 83. I'm annoyed as I reckon I got around 84.

I hope it's lower!!! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 464
Original post by HouseOfRichman
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was trigonometry question and I got 30 point something
Finished my exam an hour ago and im going to avoid these maths threads so i dont get disappointed with what grades i get XD
The last question was 100% 80.4 degrees. You had to re-arrange half absinC to get 18cm2 divided by half x 7 x 8. With the number you get, use inverse sine. This gives you the angle between the 2 lengths. As you have an angle between 2 lengths, you can use cosine rule to find the final length. The length squared = 7^2 + 8^2 - 2 x 7 x 8 x cos (the angle got from before). Square root this answer to give you the final length of the triangle. Once you have all 3 lengths, you can then re-arrange the cosine rule to find the final angle (not given on the formula sheet). Do 7^2 + (length acquired just now)^2 - 8^2 divided by 2 x 7 x (length acquired just now) gives you cos of the angle they asked you to find. Do inverse cos on this number and you get 80.4 which looked very similar to the angle given. Who else did this for the last question?
What did everyone get for the last question? I got 80.4
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
The last question was 100% 80.4 degrees. You had to re-arrange half absinC to get 18cm2 divided by half x 7 x 8. With the number you get, use inverse sine. This gives you the angle between the 2 lengths. As you have an angle between 2 lengths, you can use cosine rule to find the final length. The length squared = 7^2 + 8^2 - 2 x 7 x 8 x cos (the angle got from before). Square root this answer to give you the final length of the triangle. Once you have all 3 lengths, you can then re-arrange the cosine rule to find the final angle (not given on the formula sheet). Do 7^2 + (length acquired just now)^2 - 8^2 divided by 2 x 7 x (length acquired just now) gives you cos of the angle they asked you to find. Do inverse cos on this number and you get 80.4 which looked very similar to the angle given. Who else did this for the last question?

Yup that last what I did!
Reply 469
Who got 3.8 for trial and error?
Original post by kennethdcharles

Me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you please release a completed version of the edexcel maths calculator paper higher 9 June 2016 please?
Original post by kennethdcharles

i got 3.7 tbh
Can someone make a mark scheme for the maths paper we had today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meechy darko
anyone know what it would be for a C on the foundation paper?

Original post by sickaaron
About 70-73% it changes each year, but normally in that ball park

Original post by libertygrace
This is just for foundation paper though. To get a C overall in the higher paper you need 65/200 (june 2015 grade boundaries) so it may change by a couple marks either way.

Yeah sorry, the original question was for the foundation, to get a C in the Higher paper, would be around what you said.
Reply 475
For the Colin's car question I forgot to add on his parking charge!! How many marks do you think I'll lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
HELP!!
So you know the last question I put the formula for the area of a triangle which is 1/2ab sinC or something like that and it was six marks!! Do you think I would get a mark for the formula or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Original post by Usmaan345
HELP!!
So you know the last question I put the formula for the area of a triangle which is 1/2ab sinC or something like that and it was six marks!! Do you think I would get a mark for the formula or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't have thought so as it's at the front of the paper anyway.
Unless you substituted the values in and rearranged it-then you're likely to get 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
I wouldn't have thought so as it's at the front of the paper anyway.
Unless you substituted the values in and rearranged it-then you're likely to get 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right ok and do you know the graph you had to plot does it have to be curved the line?

Posted from TSR Mobile
]MATHEMATICS EDEXCEL HIGHER MARKSCHEME (BOTH PAPERS) WITH PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-ighNmzrkVh83g7jUT5SEsnU0_Gbs-DHLW0RKCow94/mobilebasic?pli=1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending