The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

What did anyone do for the sector question?
Original post by SalopJack
Nope.

what you do is make x= 3.75 and if it is below 34, which it was you round the number up as you know that x is larger than 3.75 but lower than 3.8. any number above 3.75 rounds up to 3.8.

Because there is a smaller difference it does not mean that it is right as the difference is smaller as it does not increase at a constant rate. the number increases increasingly.

3.8 was the right answer

Exactly^^^^
Original post by mattedwards8972
The first trig one was 30.1 degrees, the question asked you to round it to 3 sig figs

what was the angle in the question on the diagram?

I know one of my answers was either 16 or 31 and the other one in the question was 31 or 16.

I think i messed up and got 16 :/
Original post by CaSweeney
Sorry but it's wrong, the answer was 3.7

If you do 3.75 it is below 34 which means that the answer is 3.8 mate. Nice try though
Original post by Wimsett
Foundation? Or are you just trying to scare people?

I am doing the higher paper..
Did you not look at the back page
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Yeah i got -2.29 (i think) and 0.29 or something like that

I got something like this too
Original post by ScrewTheExams
I got 80.3

Tbh I think it depends if you rounded the sides or the angle 40.0005.. w/e or not I rounde dthe angle to 40 and some of the sides, because I couldn't write all on my calculator

That is true i done the angle as 40 degrees really the question should of said give solutions to 3sf or w.e but we should be able to pick up at least 5 marks right?
Do you have a copy of the paper you can email to me? Either this years paper 1 or paper 2 would be great.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I don't think so. I'm sure there are people that found it didn't go well. What grade are you predicted ? I just really want to get an A overall.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

I'm predicted a C but I want a B :/
Original post by Anonymous20000
Woouldnt 23 be 3x+4 because you cancel 3-x and x-3 out??

nooo you can't cancel it, 3-x isn't the same as x-3 that's like saying 3-5 is the same as 5-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyjx
I got different to everyone for the quadratic formula... did anyone get -2.29 and 0. something ????

-2.29 and 0.29 was what I got
Original post by zeldor711
They'll probably accept all answers from 8.1 - 8.4.

i hope. I need 100 marks for A* and i ****ed that up already with other questions :/
Reply 412
i think i got around 73 on paper 1 and 85 on paper 2- what grade would that be
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
What did anyone do for the sector question?

75/360 x pi x 12 (6x2 for diameter)
75/360 x pi x (something i forgot i think it was 6)

Then u take them away from each other
Original post by CaeciliusScribit
I got 3.8 too ??

I got 3.8 on the trial and improvent and verified with my friends
2 a) ISNT 30!! IT WAS TEN I SWEAR
Original post by samhutchy8
3.7 was closer

3.8 was right because after working out 3.7 and 3.8, you have to try 3.75, which was too small, meaning the answer is closer to 3.8 than 3.7.
Original post by ellamoon_22
No its like saying 6-2 is the same as 2-6. They are different so u dont cancdl out

thats what i thought but everyone has seemed to put the other one
Reply 418
Original post by mattedwards8972
-2.29 and 0.29 was what I got

me too
The mean question with the grouped frequency table was 7.29 or something around that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending