The Student Room Group

Maths AQA Spec B Calc thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harry42
Pretty sure I got that too :smile:

I thought it was an OK paper to be honest. Though the second question on holidays either I did completely wrong or 5 marks was too much?
I just added the adult and child ticket then multiplied by 0.75 (or whatever the discount was) and it was under £1000?

yeah I did the same. It felt like they were just throwing marks at us :biggrin:
Like 4 marks for the money question and I think it was 4 for the leaking cylinder as well :lol:
Oh but what did everyone get for the stratified sampling one? Because if you rounded it like you were supposed to you got 51 instead of 50 so I just rounded the last one down for no reason :redface:
Original post by surina16
Oh but what did everyone get for the stratified sampling one? Because if you rounded it like you were supposed to you got 51 instead of 50 so I just rounded the last one down for no reason :redface:

I got that too. Instead of rounding the last one down I rounded down the first one instead. But not really sure what you're supposed to do there.
Reply 23
6 marker I got -1.64 and like -3 point something probably wrong aha
Reply 24

Ye I just rounded 14.5 down and 17.5 up or whatever the exact numbers were to make sure it equaled 51.
Original post by xy_
I got that too. Instead of rounding the last one down I rounded down the first one instead. But not really sure what you're supposed to do there.

Ok good haha I remember the same thing happening when we did a past paper in class and my teacher just told us to pick one and round it wrongly so I'm hoping the same thing applies here :lol:

Original post by harry42
Ye I just rounded 14.5 down and 17.5 up or whatever the exact numbers were to make sure it equaled 51.

But I swear it wanted you to only have 50 people in total?
Reply 26

Yes, yes I meant to put 50 aha
Reply 27
I got like -0.75 and 0.75 for the 6 mark
For the triangle to find the angle it was the Cosine rule rearranged to CosA=b^2+c^2-a^2/2bc
For the trapezium you had to create a simultaneous equation
The Alternate segment theorem was about 71-72 forgot the number
Histogram you had to find the Frequency Density and draw it
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok good haha I remember the same thing happening when we did a past paper in class and my teacher just told us to pick one and round it wrongly so I'm hoping the same thing applies here :lol:

I also rounded it like you guys and so did the two people from my school who i asked, pretty sure it must be right then. It's not like rounding .5 down is really 'wrong', it's just non standard.
Original post by harry42
Yes, yes I meant to put 50 aha

oh right okay :biggrin:
How many marks was the cosine one and the last question?
HELP. I was in Twitter and lots of people have been tweeting about missing the last question on the back for today AQA MATHS CALC HIGHER. What was the last questions you answered? I did the tent one I think.

Worried ..
Reply 32
Original post by harry42
What was the answer to the 6 mark (second to last question) algebraic fraction solving??

I think one of the answer was -0.78
What did everyone get for Q1 about the biscuits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by mariah2011
HELP. I was in Twitter and lots of people have been tweeting about missing the last question on the back for today AQA MATHS CALC HIGHER. What was the last questions you answered? I did the tent one I think.

Worried ..

Your fine..that was the last question...

💝Life's too short💝
Reply 35
Original post by 5h3bi
I got like -0.75 and 0.75 for the 6 mark

I can't remember the exact solutions but I got something like -0.78 and -2.78. Whatever the exact answers were, I'm pretty sure that I got them both right.
I got 1.86...m for the height of the tent so I put "no" :smile:

I got 2m so I put yes!:frown: I think I have simplified it to much.:angry:
Reply 37
Original post by Miz9
I think one of the answer was -0.78

Same...

💝Life's too short💝
Reply 38
Original post by starstudent7
I got 2m so I put yes!:frown: I think I have simplified it to much.:angry:

Hm I got that aswell
Original post by Halzy1234
What did everyone get for Q1 about the biscuits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

can't remember exactly but I multiplied everything by 2.5. The first one was a decimal and the other 3 were whole numbers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending