The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3N- Aspects of International Relations 2016

Scroll to see replies

Could they ask a question exclusivley on yugoslavia or not broad enough?
Original post by Alex Frampton
Could they ask a question exclusivley on yugoslavia or not broad enough?

Yugoslavia on its own would be unlikely. If they did include it, it would most likely come in a question about the EC/UN post 1991
Original post by dyezrawna
Yugoslavia on its own would be unlikely. If they did include it, it would most likely come in a question about the EC/UN post 1991

My Head of History has predicted a question just on international response to just Yugoslavia as you can talk about Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo with UN, EC and US involvement.

And Yugoslavia has never come up before. I agree it sounds a bit too specific though
Reply 43
Has anyone got any good essays on Cuba?
The only one I wrote was awful, and I'm worried it is going to come up as a few people have predicted it.

Really would like peaceful co-existence, a containment question or Soviet foreign policy! Hoping to avoid post-1991 too
Original post by kmayb
Has anyone got any good essays on Cuba?
The only one I wrote was awful, and I'm worried it is going to come up as a few people have predicted it.

Really would like peaceful co-existence, a containment question or Soviet foreign policy! Hoping to avoid post-1991 too

Yeah i wrote one on cuba that got 40marks on causes , i argued that it was to defend cuba after the threat of bay of pigs and operation moongoose and then that it was caused by berlin crisis and need to gain control of western berlin but ultimatley said it was because the ussr wanted to be the dominant communist power in the world and defend comminism.
Reply 45
Yeah i wrote one on cuba that got 40marks on causes , i argued that it was to defend cuba after the threat of bay of pigs and operation moongoose and then that it was caused by berlin crisis and need to gain control of western berlin but ultimatley said it was because the ussr wanted to be the dominant communist power in the world and defend comminism.

Thank you!
What would you argue about operation moongoose and berlin?
Well just say operatiin moongoose is pretty similar piece of eveidence to bay of pigs like it threatened cuban security and made protection of it nessaecary (it was a CIA operation to undermine the regime) and then just say how kruschev was unsuccessul in the Berlin crisis and saw missiles on cuba as something that could be used to bargain for control of West Berlin
Reply 47
Thank you!

Has anyone got any solid predictions?
Original post by kmayb
Thank you!

Has anyone got any solid predictions?

The course is so big so it's hard to predict. If i had to i would say Cuba
Reply 49
Original post by dyezrawna
The course is so big so it's hard to predict. If i had to i would say Cuba

Could they only ask the causes of the Cuban Missile Crisis and the impact of Cuba on the superpowers?
does anyone think the 80's is likely to come up?
Original post by lehcarbat

Yeah its only come up once so wouldn't be surprised
Original post by lehcarbat

I hope so! But I think it came up in 2014
What are the main things we need to know about the EU and Yugoslavia?
What are the main things we need to know about the EU and Yugoslavia?

For Yugoslavia I would recommend knowing how the international bodies reacted to it and how successful/unsuccessful they were.

For EU I would recommend the strengths/weaknesses of an enlarged EU as well as its impact on international relations (Yugoslavia involvement, no common defence policy etc)
Original post by iJames55
For Yugoslavia I would recommend knowing how the international bodies reacted to it and how successful/unsuccessful they were.

For EU I would recommend the strengths/weaknesses of an enlarged EU as well as its impact on international relations (Yugoslavia involvement, no common defence policy etc)

Okay thank you
how likely is it that 2 questions will include section 4 because I haven't revised it? Should I revise the key points of section 4 now?
Probably worth revising the basics so you can use it in a synoptic question if you need too
Reply 58
Two questions can't be on pure section 4 so don't worry, worse case scenario is that it's in a depth question and part of the breadth, so as long as you know the basics to answer the breadth you'll be fine. Plus, I really doubt that this will happen!
good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest