The Student Room Group

Maths grade boundries 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FlamingKED
I have a good idea basing this years difficulty off last years difficulty.

This is out of 200

A*- 150-165
A-125-135
B- 95-105
C- 55-65

ABOUT THEM

You really think A* would be 150? I really hope so since i messed up the first paper
A* = 160 -200
a = 135 -140
b = 105-110
c = 70 +
Original post by ad4m
I thought gb come out 24, day before results.

Original post by Starfortune
Is that's when it's gonna come out the grade boundaries

so sorry guys I was thinking about last years results day which was the 20th

yeah they come out a day before results day which is 24th August this year
Exactly thanks for explaining that to the one who said they're school found it easy ... So stupid they're comments honesty
But thanks

bro don't worry. I'm sure a C will be 60-69 max imo, but you're probably just nervous after the exam. you probs got loads of stuff right even from working out, so just pick yourslef up for other exams
Reply 24
C will be lowered due to the fact that a lot of the first paper was B-A and some A*. The grade boundaries are set by how well we performed as well as the standards of the board. They're not going to give the top 10% an A* if none of them managed to handle the A* questions.
No one asked for how u thought the exam was
So be quiet

This is a forum. That means this is Where people post thoughts And discuss things, get over yourself.
Official Grade Boundaries for Maths Edexcel 2016 Higher Tier

A* = 167
A = 138
B = 112
C = 88
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by funky2722
bro don't worry. I'm sure a C will be 60-69 max imo, but you're probably just nervous after the exam. you probs got loads of stuff right even from working out, so just pick yourslef up for other exams

Awww thanks for the support
Really needed it x
Reply 28
Original post by qwerty0301
prob somewhere around these:

A*- 82 per paper
A- 65 per paper
B- 44-47 per paper
C- 28-30 per paper

it has to be more for an A doesn't it?
Reply 29
It was once 101. However, I don't think B will go higher than 100. Between 95 and 98 I'd say.
Awww thanks for the support
Really needed it x

no worries, just try to avoid the maths threads here, because you'll see loads of arguing etc, try and do some revision and forget about it, since ultimately it makes no difference now and in a few days, youll realise that it didn't really go bad afterall.
Exactly thanks for explaining that to the one who said they're school found it easy ... So stupid they're comments honesty
But thanks

Not as stupid as your grammar.

Anyway, I obviously don't think that my mark is dependent just on what my school gets, I know it's the whole cohort, but if everyone I've talked to (this now includes people from other schools) said it was easy, it's a good way of finding a basic survey to represent the cohort isn't it?

220 people in my year, 210 in one friend and 210 in another friends said the majority of their freinds found it ok, obviously not 100% perfect, but for me I'm saying a very nice test is one where you do better than expected. I just go to a normal state school, I'm expected a high A and I think I've probably got that or above on this paper which I'm really happy about.

I'm sorry if you didn't find it the same, but I'm just going off what I've heard,

With regards to speaking, of course I will speak and say things here just like hundreds of other people. This is a forum, that's what it's made for.
Reply 32
But thanks

they're just answering the question of how high the boundaries will be? saying his/her school found it easy is backing up his/her point
Original post by Johhny Brown I
Official Grade Boundaries for Maths Edexcel 2016 Higher Tier

A* = 167
A = 138
B = 112
C = 88

There is no official grade boundary list yet, this is just predicted.
I think it would be this for both papers
165 A*
135 A
95 B
60 C
Per paper:
84 A*
70 A
49 B
30 C
Original post by dch187
they're just answering the question of how high the boundaries will be? saying his/her school found it easy is backing up his/her point

Thank you...
Original post by joe421
it has to be more for an A doesn't it?

Not really. It was 62 per paper last year.
Reply 37
Original post by Revision120
I think it would be this for both papers
165 A*
135 A
95 B
60 C
Per paper:
84 A*
70 A
49 B
30 C

I agree with you, I hope these are similar to the official grade boundaries.
Original post by imHappy
I agree with you, I hope these are similar to the official grade boundaries.

What are you aiming to get? The grade boundaries my be a bit lower than my predicted ones
Reply 39
Original post by Revision120
What are you aiming to get? The grade boundaries my be a bit lower than my predicted ones

I was aiming for an A, but I think I may end up with a B.

To be honest, I'll be happy with that! I HATE maths 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending