The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Decision 2 (D2) 4772: 8 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otherdan
Indeed! Knowing your M2 score really does help you, I'm having to estimate my M2 and D2 UMS and trying to do as well as possible in S2 because I'm not sure it's time effective to spend ages on FP2 when I have science unit 5s around then. Plus, it's not required for me to get an A* in FM. Do you need an A* for sure?

I just need 2A*s and it's unlikely I'll get one in Physics so pretty much yeah I need it, do you?
Reply 41
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I just need 2A*s and it's unlikely I'll get one in Physics so pretty much yeah I need it, do you?

Same, 2 A*s. I think Physics is more likely than FM actually!
Reply 42
I think it was a pretty easy paper but the 100 UMS boundary will be like 67 as there were a few marks I reckon very very few people got, so I reckon it will be A*,A,B at 62,57,52

I definitely thought this paper was harder than last years - there wasn't anything difficult in last years apart from some of the logic questions. This year we had quite a hard simplex 7 marker and a very dodgy set of logic questions. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I would expect the grade boundaries to be lower or at least similar to last years so maybe around 58 ish for an A*?
Original post by daaa
I definitely thought this paper was harder than last years - there wasn't anything difficult in last years apart from some of the logic questions. This year we had quite a hard simplex 7 marker and a very dodgy set of logic questions. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I would expect the grade boundaries to be lower or at least similar to last years so maybe around 58 ish for an A*?

I didn't do full timed mocks for 2013 and 2014 since we had done the questions in class so I can't compare to them, but the paper yesterday didn't seem anything out of the ordinary in terms of how many marks were awkward to get and time constraints etc, so that's why I went with the A* being around 60, as it is most years. However, such as the "prove your deduction" logic question, certain questions had many ways to get the marks, and so would be picked up by most despite actually being pretty difficult questions.

It's annoying though, because I'm pretty certain my score is between 58-62, and I'd been scrapping A*'s or just missing out in most of my past papers. But not knowing the grade boundaries is frustrating, some years 58-62 could get me 100 UMS, other years hardly an A, so I won't know until August :biggrin:
Reply 44
I didn't do full timed mocks for 2013 and 2014 since we had done the questions in class so I can't compare to them, but the paper yesterday didn't seem anything out of the ordinary in terms of how many marks were awkward to get and time constraints etc, so that's why I went with the A* being around 60, as it is most years. However, such as the "prove your deduction" logic question, certain questions had many ways to get the marks, and so would be picked up by most despite actually being pretty difficult questions.

It's annoying though, because I'm pretty certain my score is between 58-62, and I'd been scrapping A*'s or just missing out in most of my past papers. But not knowing the grade boundaries is frustrating, some years 58-62 could get me 100 UMS, other years hardly an A, so I won't know until August :biggrin:

It's all good. Best of luck with your other exams anyways!
Ah trying to prepare for S2 and once again, the exact same thing:
Get 62/72, 83 UMS. Decent.
If I remove pure arithmetic mistakes/ basic basic mistakes:
Get 68/72, 93 UMS.

I hate my life
is there an official S2 thread?
Original post by gemdarkstone
is there an official S2 thread?

Yeah just google it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending