The Student Room Group

What grade would aabc in each unit be?

Unit 1 = a
unit 2 = c
unit 3 = a
unit 4 = b
each unit is worth 25% of final grade so approximately what grade would this be?
B ?
Reply 2
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
B ?

Thanks!
Original post by nayana71
Thanks!

Could be different depending on how high everything is.

Eg aabc could be 89% 89% 79% 69% which is an A overall or 80% 80% 70% 60% which is a B overall.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM

Eg aabc could be 89% 89% 79% 69% which is an A overall or 80% 80% 70% 60% which is a B overall.

what about a*ddc? what would that be overall?
Original post by noey123
what about a*ddc? what would that be overall?

If everything is weighted equally then you just take the % gained from each unit, add them up and then average them (in this case, dvide the total by 4).
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
If everything is weighted equally then you just take the % gained from each unit, add them up and then average them (in this case, dvide the total by 4).

i don't have the scores. i just wanted to know what do you think it will be? a C maybe?
Original post by noey123
i don't have the scores. i just wanted to know what do you think it will be? a C maybe?

Then it is difficult to say.. you can always assume that you get the midpoint in each grade (eg a c would be 65, b 75 etc) and guess it like that. (The point is that I'm trying to teach you how to do it and teach you how to fish rather than giving you a fish).
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM

My unit 1 was 93%(A) my unit 2 was 59%(D) so I got a C last year. This year I retook the D and hopefully got above 70%(C/B) and for unit 3 and 4 I'm aiming for above 80% your saying this can potentially be an A?
My unit 1 was 93%(A) my unit 2 was 59%(D) so I got a C last year. This year I retook the D and hopefully got above 70%(C/B) and for unit 3 and 4 I'm aiming for above 80% your saying this can potentially be an A?

What is (93 + 70 + 80 + 80)/ 4?
Reply 10
Original post by SeanFM

80%???
Reply 11
Original post by SeanFM

80%?
80%???

Yes, so that would be an A. :borat:

But anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it and just let things happen until GCSE results day. it's too difficult/futile to guess or predict your grade.
Reply 13
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, so that would be an A. :borat:

But anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it and just let things happen until GCSE results day. it's too difficult/futile to guess or predict your grade.

Thanks its just i need ABB for uni and i wanted to see where i stand at the moment so this is reassuring (I'm alevel not gcse)
Thanks its just i need ABB for uni and i wanted to see where i stand at the moment so this is reassuring (I'm alevel not gcse)

Ohh right, sorry :colondollar: yeah.. it can be stressful, especially at A-level but..also try to enjoy your summer :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest