The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleesue
im going to fail. ive only started to properly revise today and have no idea how to go about it! somebody help me pleaseee!!!!!!

There's not a lot you can do except look at examiner's reports and cram cram cram!
is anyone just learning controversy a
Reply 462
Original post by katiiieghjkl
Does anyone know that if a questions came up about morale would you mention resistance such as bomb plot and white rose? And vice versa if it was a question about opposition would you include morale such as women youth and churches? THanks

yes, you could use them to argue that morale wasn't high throughout the whole war and opposition formed, however the terror state and the weakness of opposition meant that morale stayed fairly intact.
for opposition you could simply state whether opposition was/not serious and the reasons why, you could also add that opposition wasn't serious because German morale was high up until 1942 and then declined.
im going to fail. ive only started to properly revise today and have no idea how to go about it! somebody help me pleaseee!!!!!!

sammeeeee i literally know nothing lol
but revise controversy a defooooo
good luck:smile:
Reply 464
How is everyone revising today? Like what methods?

Has anyone gone into colllege for revision?
Original post by gsonro
yes, you could use them to argue that morale wasn't high throughout the whole war and opposition formed, however the terror state and the weakness of opposition meant that morale stayed fairly intact.
for opposition you could simply state whether opposition was/not serious and the reasons why, you could also add that opposition wasn't serious because German morale was high up until 1942 and then declined.

Ah that makes sense! Thanks very much
Original post by AJC1997
you can get a good grade just by revising the day before so don't worry.

you should just focus on a few areas as you obviously can't revise the whole period in one day - I'd prepare for a question on the golden years (were they stable?) 1924-1929 and a question on the Final Solution (was it planned from the start, or did it arise through the chaotic nature of the Nazi state?)

but generally if you just learn WW2 (morale, final solution) and the Weimar Republic (threats to the republic in the early years, golden years) you SHOULD be fine for Section A

Section B - Choose one of the controversies and learn the important points/arguments i.e. for the WW1 controversy - slithered into war? war caused by aggressive german foreign policy? war to solve internal domestic problems in Germany? Fear of encirclement? military plans?

for section B generally a good plan is: introduction, paragraph agreeing, paragraph disagreeing and an inbetween paragraph with a conclusion. Important to cross reference the sources to show how each one disagrees/agrees with the other and implement own knowledge to support or disagree with points the sources make.

thank you so so so much, you're a life saver!!

In your situation I would just try to do past papers with notes then try doing some with from memory without notes. Also a question on Weimar is more likely to come up in my opinion than a question on 1890-1918 as an economy question came up on that last year.

This is what I've covered:
REVOLUTIONS
Spartacists Jan 1919
e.g.Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg
Kapps Putsch March 1920
-12,000 Friekorps march on Berlin....only lasted 4 days not that effective
Munich Putsch 1923
-Badly planned....Hitler arrested, 14 Nazis killed, Hitler writes Mein Kampf in prison
Political assassinations
I Would use Walther Rathenau killed by a right wing terrorist group called Organisation Consul June 1922....only one I know anyway
^ALL THIS MORE OR LESS COVERS A QUESTION ON POLITICAL UPRISINGS AGAINST EARLY WEIMAR REPUBLIC....most likely between 1919-24

WEIMAR 1924-28

STRESEMAN (FOREIGN MINISTER)
introduced Dawes Plan April 1924
e.g. only 1000 Reichmarks to be paid a year until 1929....then raised to 2500 Reichmarks a year....this was effective as it slowed down reparation payments and allowed them to borrow from USA
Locarno Oct 1925
Stresemann negotiated to get some French troops out of Rhineland
Rentenmark 1926
Quickly prevented hyperinflation....new currency
League of Nations 1926
Germany now accepted kinda,,,,,countries no longer allowed to use troops against one another
Young Plan Summer 1929
Reparations decreased to 36 million to be payed back
2000 marks a year until 1988.....this was good as it made reparation payments simpler and more organised

Personally I haven't done much of rise of hitler and virtually none of WW2 so relying on Weimar
For Part B evaluation or analysis gets you 24 marks whilst own knowledge only gets 16 marks so just weigh historian point of views up against each other and compare.....then use a fact or something to defeat a point of view or support it
e.g.91 murdered in Kristellnacht November 1938 showed an intentionalist approach by Hitler as it was his own personal aim to achieve Volkgemienschaft in Germany and by doing this he was purifying the nation.....creating a country onlhy with Germans.

Hope this helps!
Last minute cramming in. Oh my God, so nervous! I hope everyone does great :smile:

Let me go back to my last minute cramming now!
Is it possible go over WW2 opposition,morale,final solution,economy as well as Wiemar 1924-29 before the exam or should I sacrifice a section????
Original post by Frankie32
Is it possible go over WW2 opposition,morale,final solution,economy as well as Wiemar 1924-29 before the exam or should I sacrifice a section????

war economy has already came up. my teacher said it was unlikely to come up again
So is nobody revising the second reich then?
Original post by grassntai
war economy has already came up. my teacher said it was unlikely to come up again

ohh okay what are your predictions?? do you think theres a chance of 1890-1918 or not??
ohh okay what are your predictions?? do you think theres a chance of 1890-1918 or not??

The second reich? My teacher said it was highly unlikely and he predicted the wording of last years two questions right.

He said Final solution, Opposition to war, Golden years, Consolidation of Nazi power were the 4 topics most likely to come up.
Original post by grassntai
The second reich? My teacher said it was highly unlikely and he predicted the wording of last years two questions right.

He said Final solution, Opposition to war, Golden years, Consolidation of Nazi power were the 4 topics most likely to come up.

okay thanks!
okay thanks!

No problem! Fingers crossed we both do well :redface:
Does anyone have a plan on the final solution caused by war or another factor, that isn't too confusing
Please would like to look at one to make sure if my plan would be good thx
I am actually really nervous for the exam, I have been revising for a while, but I have missed quite a bit of stuff from the Second Reich (mainly the domestic and political stuff, the foreign bits I am okay with). Good luck luck for tomorrow everyone.

WEIMAR 1924-28

STRESEMAN (FOREIGN MINISTER)
introduced Dawes Plan April 1924
e.g. only 1000 Reichmarks to be paid a year until 1929....then raised to 2500 Reichmarks a year....this was effective as it slowed down reparation payments and allowed them to borrow from USA
Locarno Oct 1925
Stresemann negotiated to get some French troops out of Rhineland
Rentenmark 1926
Quickly prevented hyperinflation....new currency
League of Nations 1926
Germany now accepted kinda,,,,,countries no longer allowed to use troops against one another
Young Plan Summer 1929
Reparations decreased to 36 million to be payed back
2000 marks a year until 1988.....this was good as it made reparation payments simpler and more organised

Probably should note that its 2000 MILLION marks rather than just 2000. Few orders of a magnitude off there :tongue:
Same with the values in bold.
Original post by sixschmidt
Probably should note that its 2000 MILLION marks rather than just 2000. Few orders of a magnitude off there :tongue:
Same with the values in bold.

Hey firstly I'd like to thank you for posting your essays on here, you're like a history messiah! What's your predictions that'll come up tomorrow? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending