The Student Room Group

Linked pair pilot - Applications of Maths (Edexcel) 24/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by callumb1232
Yep, the chances certainly are slim :smile: I have it tomorrow as well. I personally find Apps1 to be the easiest of the 4 papers, but I guess that is a matter or personal preference. We won't be getting much in the way of predictions, but good luck!

Original post by aprilmayjune01
Hi. Do you know if algebraic fractions is applications 1?

Original post by Lauren0812
Just done this paper! Think it had some hard questions ... Well awkward questions! But still sure I did fine :smile: how did you find it ?

Original post by jayg123
Did anyone get 31 for the angle question? The only ones i think were completely wrong were linear programming t (i got x +2y = 112 and x=2y), the last histogram question and the anti freeze one. For the flow chart one when it asked for each extra mile there is 5p what did people get as the formula?

Original post by miniboy
That was sooo hard

Original post by 11staylor
I found the area of each bar and added them together to get the number of people, then took off the area of the first bar.
160-20=140
Then 100/160 ×140= 87.5 :smile:

Original post by BenTLad
Just made an account to compare answers for this exam with the ones i didn't understand, for the ones i weren't 100% sure of I got:

Stratified sampling question-13
Histogram percentage question-87.5
Finding length of rectangle marked x-3.5
Maximum profit in linear programming-18,800
Question on Antifreeze -Didn't do as i didn't understand what it meant
Find angle which was in the kite-36 degrees
Men who played badminton- 7

Did i get any of these question right?

Original post by Tojsagay
Out of those answers, I believe only the linear programming questions (£19000 & something) and the angle question (31 degrees) are the wrong ones.

Altogether, I thought the test was fairly straight forward. Expecting an A* to be similar to that of last year (87).

Original post by alyxgower
Not sure if I'm right as I hate maths but I put the supermarket was cheaper, as I worked out 1g for each and compared?

Original post by Lemuelc14
My man Toj

Original post by kusher321
X

How was Paper 2?
I personally found it much worse than A1. Everyone in my year seems to have written different answers for the questions 🙁
Reply 62
How did everyone find a2?

So hard. I didn't have enough time at the end so i missed out the second last question and I also messed up the bearnings. For the last question what did people do. I worked out the lower and upper bound of each and then done the upper bound mass divided by the lower bound volume. But i wasn't sure which bounds to divide by.
Reply 63
Original post by jayg123
So hard. I didn't have enough time at the end so i missed out the second last question and I also messed up the bearnings. For the last question what did people do. I worked out the lower and upper bound of each and then done the upper bound mass divided by the lower bound volume. But i wasn't sure which bounds to divide by.

For the last answer i found the upper bound and lower bound answer and formulated an answer by finding the median of them results
Original post by BenTLad
For the last answer i found the upper bound and lower bound answer and formulated an answer by finding the median of them results

So you got 2.7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Lemuelc14
So you got 2.7?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep the answer was 2.7, find the upper bound and lower bound, then take them away, divide by 2 and add it to the lower bound answer or take way from the upper bound answer giving you 2.7 g/cm3
Reply 66
Predictions on grade boundaries? I think they may go down slightly this year
The salad cream one confused me. Other than that... it was good!
What did everyone write for salad cream question? £2.70 or £2.71?
What did everyone write for salad cream question? £2.70 or £2.71?

£2.71
Can someone explain what that test risk question was all about? No one in my year knew what to do for that question, majority of us got the answer £4.80 :tongue:
Original post by Crème brûlée
Can someone explain what that test risk question was all about? No one in my year knew what to do for that question, majority of us got the answer £4.80 :tongue:

I wrote that too
Original post by Crème brûlée
£2.71

Okay good! Thanks
Reply 73
That was the worst exam ever im crying
Reply 74
Can anyone link the 2015 methods paper. Its locked on the actual website but maybe some teachers may have given the link to it?
Reply 75
What did you get for the circle theorem question (methods 1) - I got 79*
Reply 76
How did u all find Methods 1??
Reply 77
That was the hardest question on the paper - i worked out one of the angles was 90 degrees (semicircle one) and then that one was 107 degrees, and one was 17 degrees (107 - 17) but I didn't know where to go from there so i just put 107
Reply 78
Original post by amkay
How did u all find Methods 1??

Personally found it alright - some hard questions like the last one about the vectors and the circle theorm, but other than that thought the rest was fine. Loads of people came out the exam saying it was really hard ( most clever people). How did people do the odd proof quesiton
Reply 79
This is wht I got:
Let odd numbers be:
2x+1 and 2m+1
(2x+1)(2m+1) = 4mx + 2m + 2x + 1
= 2(2mx + m + x) + 1
Therefore, it is odd because any number x2 + 1 is odd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending