The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2016 FP2 UK (and IAL) Solutions

Hey!

The solutions for the UK Edexcel June 2016 FP2 paper can be found here.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CGjKYdIeFEQm15cnVSRlh5SkU

Seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
Zacken.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IAL F2 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CGjKYdIeFETGRtWnQ2QjB4Vlk

Decent paper. Massively ugly answers which can create a sense of doubt, but easy to double check using a calculator. Nine questions so pretty long. Boundaries might be similar to IAL 14 since that was also a 9 question paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nice job lads
Reply 3
Thanks @Zacken
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
Zacken.

Good work.
Reply 5
Original post by zacken
hey!

The solutions for the uk edexcel june 2016 fp2 paper can be found here.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0b6cgjkydiefeqm15cnvsrlh5sku

seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
zacken.

grade boundries please??
Reply 6
68/69 A* ?
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Cheers,
Zacken.

For 3b, did we have to draw the lines connecting the 4 points?
Reply 8
Original post by Inges
For 3b, did we have to draw the lines connecting the 4 points?

Nope, definitely not!
Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
Nope, definitely not!

Thanks! & Thanks for the mark scheme
Original post by LLk1
68/69 A* ?

I'd say 68 yeah
Thanks for these :smile:
Thank you. How many marks would I lose for forgetting to work out c on 4ia? I also made a slip in subtraction, using a different method to you, at the very end of 4ii which meant all my answers where wrong by a factor of -1, I'm hoping just 1 mark (I was so happy with my method too).

Otherwise, I'm confident with getting the marks for every other question aslong as the examiner checks the last page I wrote on for my second attempt at polar coordinates. Also, would the examiner allow me to use A for the angle at which they intersect rather than 0.72 whatever, I did state A = 0.72..
For 2B, how many marks do you think i'd get for spotting the pattern in the fractions, doing 1/2 - 1/n+2 however nothing else, not doing the sum of r-3 ?
Thanks for the MS!
thanks!! I can't remeber what the question stated. is it fine if I don't state which one is p and which on is q for 8a
Reply 15
On Q3 I think i did the argument values in the range -pi to pi instead of 0 to 2pi, can anyone remember if it stated to do it in pi to 2pi? Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Fbiemad
Thanks @Zacken

Original post by EricPiphany
Good work.

Cheers guys!

Original post by solid222
grade boundries please??

Original post by LLk1
68/69 A* ?

67/68 for an A* sounds about right but I know as much as you, honestly.

Original post by Inges
Thanks! & Thanks for the mark scheme

Original post by Elzar
Thanks for these :smile:

Cheers!

Original post by Craig1998
Thank you. How many marks would I lose for forgetting to work out c on 4ia? I also made a slip in subtraction, using a different method to you, at the very end of 4ii which meant all my answers where wrong by a factor of -1, I'm hoping just 1 mark (I was so happy with my method too).

Drop 1 mark in 4(i) (a) and 1-2 marks in 4(b).

Otherwise, I'm confident with getting the marks for every other question aslong as the examiner checks the last page I wrote on for my second attempt at polar coordinates. Also, would the examiner allow me to use A for the angle at which they intersect rather than 0.72 whatever, I did state A = 0.72..

Yes, I used α\alpha myself. No marks dropped.

Original post by callum9977
For 2B, how many marks do you think i'd get for spotting the pattern in the fractions, doing 1/2 - 1/n+2 however nothing else, not doing the sum of r-3 ?
Thanks for the MS!

Drop 2/3 marks.

Original post by dragozox
thanks!! I can't remeber what the question stated. is it fine if I don't state which one is p and which on is q for 8a

Probably. I can't see them docking any marks for that.
Reply 17
Original post by Beddy
On Q3 I think i did the argument values in the range -pi to pi instead of 0 to 2pi, can anyone remember if it stated to do it in pi to 2pi? Thanks

It didn't state any range. You will get full marks.
Any predictions for the 100 boundary? @Zacken
Reply 19
Original post by Euclidean
Any predictions for the 100 boundary? @Zacken

Maybe 74. Probably 75.

Quick Reply