The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sixschmidt
Probably should note that its 2000 MILLION marks rather than just 2000. Few orders of a magnitude off there :tongue:
Same with the values in bold.

haha thanks for pointing that one out
Does anyone have notes, an essay plan or even an essay on the final solution or morale would really appreciate it??
Original post by cgureje
Does anyone have a plan on the final solution caused by war or another factor, that isn't too confusing
Please would like to look at one to make sure if my plan would be good thx

Just some key things to include, not in any real order but my actual plan is handwritten and my handwriting isn't neat enough to post on here ahaha
Original post by grassntai
The second reich? My teacher said it was highly unlikely and he predicted the wording of last years two questions right.

He said Final solution, Opposition to war, Golden years, Consolidation of Nazi power were the 4 topics most likely to come up.

What would we include on a question for opposition to war?
Original post by Frankie32
Does anyone have notes, an essay plan or even an essay on the final solution or morale would really appreciate it??

I should add that the essay was written by someone else on here but i think he/she said that it was 28/30 and only the conclusion let them down. Hope it helps :smile:
Original post by samgriff1998
What would we include on a question for opposition to war?

During the period 1939-45, opponents within the army posed a greater threat to Hitler and the Nazi regime than any other opposition group. how far do you agree with this statement?

have you got a final solution essay you could post on here? (take a pic if its written)
(edited 7 years ago)
During the perido 1939-45, opponents within the army posed a greater threat hitler and the nazi regime than any other opposition group. how far do you agree with this statement?

have you got a final solution essay you could post on here? (take a pic if its written)

okay thanks. So just general opposition to war and would we include support for war as well? I haven't been taught this topic...

I have included one just a minute ago so should be on the thread, hope it helps. I think i have some notes somewhere so if you need anything else then just drop me a message :smile:
okay thanks. So just general opposition to war and would we include support for war as well? I haven't been taught this topic...

I have included one just a minute ago so should be on the thread, hope it helps. I think i have some notes somewhere so if you need anything else then just drop me a message :smile:

i suppose you could when you're evaluating the arguments. for instance one of your factors could be church but then you would balance it by saying although they opposed certain policies of the regime, they were motivated by self-interest to preserve their institution and not actual opposition to the regime reflected through their passiveness to the holocaust.

have you got any A grade essays on weimer republic/golden years or nazi consolidation of power?
So what do you all think is the MOST likely to come up this year for section A??
Hey firstly I'd like to thank you for posting your essays on here, you're like a history messiah! What's your predictions that'll come up tomorrow? :smile:

No problem, anything I can do to help you guys. This year I expect a question for WW2, either on wartime opposition/morale or the Final Solution. For the second part A question I expect that a Weimar question is more likely to come up, either early political extremism or (less likely) a question from 1919-29. A Second Reich question is unlikely in my opinion to come up, although they have asked a question on that time period in a row between 2012 and 2013, one on the nature of democracy in the Second Reich and social/political tensions during the war.

Also, I have another part B question on the First World War controversy that got 39/40. My teacher is reluctant to give me full marks because she doesn't like to :frown:. This was for the 2011 question paper, completed in 1 hour.
Anyone got any tips on how to write a really good conclusion?
No problem, anything I can do to help you guys. This year I expect a question for WW2, either on wartime opposition/morale or the Final Solution. For the second part A question I expect that a Weimar question is more likely to come up, either early political extremism or (less likely) a question from 1919-29. A Second Reich question is unlikely in my opinion to come up, although they have asked a question on that time period in a row between 2012 and 2013, one on the nature of democracy in the Second Reich and social/political tensions during the war.

Also, I have another part B question on the First World War controversy that got 39/40. My teacher is reluctant to give me full marks because she doesn't like to :frown:. This was for the 2011 question paper, completed in 1 hour.

amazing thank you. all of us will be forever in your debt after this exam lol

Could you post all your WW2 (germany in ww2) essays if that's okay?
(edited 7 years ago)
I should add that the essay was written by someone else on here but i think he/she said that it was 28/30 and only the conclusion let them down. Hope it helps :smile:

Wow that essay is full of historians, no way I could remember all those D:
i suppose you could when you're evaluating the arguments. for instance one of your factors could be church but then you would balance it by saying although they opposed certain policies of the regime, they were motivated by self-interest to preserve their institution and not actual opposition to the regime reflected through their passiveness to the holocaust.

have you got any A grade essays on weimer republic/golden years or nazi consolidation of power?

I have this essay along with some brief notes on weimar 1924-9, i think it was 28-29/30
amazing thank you. all of us will be forever in your debt after this exam lol

Could you post all your WW2 (germany in ww2) essays if that's okay?

I think i've posted them here before earlier back, but i'll reupload them. I don't have an essay on the Final Solution though. The war production efficiency essay got 29/30 and the opposition got 28/30.
Wow that essay is full of historians, no way I could remember all those D:

As you are the history messiah:smile:, Do you reckon a question could come up on only weimar culture and not the political and economic insecurities of the time
Can someone please tell me what cumalitive radicalisation was and its significance pleaseeeee
THANK YOU
Just some key things to include, not in any real order but my actual plan is handwritten and my handwriting isn't neat enough to post on here ahaha

Thank u 🙂
Original post by VINTAGE.WARD
As you are the history messiah:smile:, Do you reckon a question could come up on only weimar culture and not the political and economic insecurities of the time

Well there won't be a question specifically on Weimar culture, but a question could argue that the development of Weimar culture was the result of a stable democratic state. For that you might say no because Weimar culture was often linked to escapism and the stagnation and change of the political landscape, showing that perhaps the unique Weimar culture was a result of a unstable and evolving political system. From there you could argue that it was economic/foreign policy advancements that resulted in a democratic state.

I highly doubt they would approach this kind of question with the angle of Weimar culture, I usually use culture as a little bit of context to the changing social attitudes of the time rather than a solid link to the ideas of the Stresemann years being 'golden'.
Is it okay to focus on Weimar Golden Years/Final Solution/Morale 1939-45 and then the WWI controversy or should at look at some other topics? These have been the most rumoured to come up so to concentrate my revision will I most likely be okay looking at these 4 topics?

I should add I have already looked at these in fair detail but was just wondering if I ought to look at something else as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending