The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

On the first question, would I get the two marks for saying 9/20
Original post by Disfuligee
3.75 gave the answer 33.98 etc.
so the answer was between 3.75 and 3.8 so you round up

But its mainly focused on 1 d.p. so you wouldnt need to look at 3.75. As 3.7 is closer than 3.8, you would go with 3.7, as rounding up gets you even further away
Original post by SweetStarlight14
If the calculations were correct for the numbers you used/the way you tried to do it, you'll probably get a few method marks but the number depends on how many marks that question was.

The question was 4 marks in total so maybe 1-3 marks?
Original post by 9091student
na allow it howwwwww?

Em, well I think you forgot to divide it by 1000 to convert it into kg... So you got 31 instead of 3.1 :frown: so you divided by 100? :s-smilie:
Original post by JoeHales151

I wrote that too and I think we should because writing it as a fraction is also in probability form
Original post by jtb135
Its 3.7 not 3.8, in the exam i took them away from the needed number and 3.7 was like 3 tenths closer to it than 3.8

You needed to use 3.75 as a value and as it came out as less than the number required you round up as you would need a larger number to be the correct value
Original post by JoeHales151

Probably yes, they shouldn't mark you down the whole two marks. If they did mark you down, you would still get 1 but I really doubt it
does anyone remember question 16?
Original post by Codywhear
Surely the trial improvement was 3.7? I think i worked out the distance from 34 and I think 3.7 was closer? Can't remember though

After trying 3.7 and 3.8, you needed to try 3.75. 3.75 was too small, so the number was between 3.75 and 3.8, meaning it was closer to 3.8 than 3.7.
Reply 1089
Original post by jtb135
But its mainly focused on 1 d.p. so you wouldnt need to look at 3.75. As 3.7 is closer than 3.8, you would go with 3.7, as rounding up gets you even further away

You should look for the number in the middle of the two whole numbers
Original post by Edgerulezs
How was your other exam thou?? If that went well you still have a high chance of an A*

The other exam went quite well, yeah. Perhaps there's still a chance of an A. I've been stuck at a B for a couple of years now - I stopped paying attention and messed around in class in year 9 so got put into second set for year 10.
Back into top set for year 11 and I've worked as hard as I can so HOPEFULLY it'll pay off and I'll get the A grade I was hoping for.

If so, I've gone from the school questioning if I'll even pass it, to getting a fantastic grade.
Fingers crossed.

How did everybody else do?
I think i got around 90 on the first paper and i cant really remember most of my answers for this paper. What do you think i need to get an A*?
Original post by Edgerulezs
Em, well I think you forgot to divide it by 1000 to convert it into kg... So you got 31 instead of 3.1 :frown: so you divided by 100? :s-smilie:

that is such a pisstake, what do you think you got out of 100?
By the looks of this I got 100% !!!!

Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by Codywhear
Surely the trial improvement was 3.7? I think i worked out the distance from 34 and I think 3.7 was closer? Can't remember though

Even I got 3.7 it was definitely closer because 3.75 gave me an answer of 33... That would mean it should be the lower number not the higher one
Original post by jtb135

If they want is to 1 dp then you have to test halfway between the two 1dp values (so 3.75) to know whether 3.8 is closer or 3.7 so you would have lost at least 1 mark
Original post by jtb135
Last years paper was 98 overall for a B, but the mark scheme could change

Ah kk thanks hope the boundary is lower due to the non calculator paper that was a bit hard tbh xD
Original post by Iwilson
I think i got around 90 on the first paper and i cant really remember most of my answers for this paper. What do you think i need to get an A*?

Mid/ high 80's on this paper if you got 90
Original post by Iwilson

Just 80 more to stay safe
Does anyone remember how many marks there were available for the interest question?...i fully failed that one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending