The Student Room Group

ACTs This Saturday

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone else is taking the ACTs this Saturday. I'm applying for admission for Fall 2017, so I'm guessing most people will be the same as me, and it would be nice to talk to people doing the same kinda thing, as no one from my school is applying to the US. I haven't done much preparation for this exam at all, as I've been focusing on AS levels, but I've been told you should take the test twice anyway, so not too worried!
Hi! I'm doing it too! In fact I was freaking out bc I didn't upload a photo in time but turns out International students don't need a photo which they should have made more obvious. I've done quite a bit of practice, mainly the Online Prep. Where are u taking it and what unis are you looking at? It's good to have someone else doing it a bit early

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by unknowntsr
Hi! I'm doing it too! In fact I was freaking out bc I didn't upload a photo in time but turns out International students don't need a photo which they should have made more obvious. I've done quite a bit of practice, mainly the Online Prep. Where are u taking it and what unis are you looking at? It's good to have someone else doing it a bit early

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it at Brentwood School! I think I am going to apply to Vanderbilt, UNC chapel hill and Florida State! Maybe more, but I am a bit undecided! What about you?? Also, what sort of calculator are you going to bring with you? I've found it really unclear! I don't think the one I use currently will be accepted! (Btw, I haven't uploaded a picture also) 😀😀
Original post by augusta_t
I'm doing it at Brentwood School! I think I am going to apply to Vanderbilt, UNC chapel hill and Florida State! Maybe more, but I am a bit undecided! What about you?? Also, what sort of calculator are you going to bring with you? I've found it really unclear! I don't think the one I use currently will be accepted! (Btw, I haven't uploaded a picture also) 😀😀

Im also doing it at Brentwood! Im thinking maybe UCB, Cornell, Penn, Princeton etc, etc,although they are extremely hard to get into to! I'm going to take my silver calculator (991ES) because a friend of mine who is also doing it said that it should be fine and a standard black one just in case :/ Im really excited, since its a completely new experience and I wonder how many other people will be there!
Reply 4
Original post by unknowntsr
Im also doing it at Brentwood! Im thinking maybe UCB, Cornell, Penn, Princeton etc, etc,although they are extremely hard to get into to! I'm going to take my silver calculator (991ES) because a friend of mine who is also doing it said that it should be fine and a standard black one just in case :/ Im really excited, since its a completely new experience and I wonder how many other people will be there!

I know! I'm so nervous! Wow, Ivy League! I think there will be quite a few people there! I just can't believe how long the test is 😂😂! Are you doing the writing??
Reply 5
Hi i'm also taking the ACT this Saturday , i'm dreading the fact its over 3 hours :frown: What scores are you averaging on the practise tests ? The universities i'm looking at have average ACT scores in the 30's and i'm getting high in the 20's. So I hope the universities consider this format of exam is a lot different to UK exams.
Reply 6
Original post by s1982
Hi i'm also taking the ACT this Saturday , i'm dreading the fact its over 3 hours :frown: What scores are you averaging on the practise tests ? The universities i'm looking at have average ACT scores in the 30's and i'm getting high in the 20's. So I hope the universities consider this format of exam is a lot different to UK exams.

It is a really really long exam 😂, but I'm just focusing on the fact that because it's multiple choice, your hand won't ache from writing! I'm also averaging on around 29. When I was in the States and spoke to someone from Vanderbilt, they said they don't focus on it so much, because we aren't trained for the tests, like the Americans are, and because we have our own exams! So don't worry too much! The woman I spoke to from FSU said exactly the same! What kind of calculator are you bringing? I'm still worried about that!
Reply 7
I'm bringing a casio fx-85ft plus , http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/taking-the-test/calculator-policy.html . That link let's you know which calculators are permitted. That's good to hear, I don't want to focus on the ACT too much because I still have some AS exams left.
Reply 8
Original post by s1982
I'm bringing a casio fx-85ft plus , http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/taking-the-test/calculator-policy.html . That link let's you know which calculators are permitted. That's good to hear, I don't want to focus on the ACT too much because I still have some AS exams left.

Ah thank you! I still have AS exams as well! Stupid Statistics 😂😂
Hey,
I know this is very late to join onto this thread but is anyone taking the ACT this December?
I hope your tests went well! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending