The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 2 WPH02 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom <3
Overall how many marks do u expect?

if you mean for the question I think 3 marks, if for the whole paper, ummmm i didnt do well so, ill go for 40-46
Original post by Zainat0987

Original post by Mesuteyezil
Hey there, last question was quite easy..you were supposed to say that the atoms of the element ( I think it was sodium ) get excited and move to higher energy levels, later, when they do return, they emit photons- only certain energy levels are possible... energy of the photon must equal the difference in the energy levels and as a result, there are only limited no. of energy differences corresponding to the set frequency and wavelength:smile:

Phewwww
I think i am good in this qs then 😃
Original post by Hamadtype-
Dont we use v output = R / R + T x V input to find the thermistor?

Yeah certainly one way of doing it..but i used the general formulae to find the current in the circuit and then the resistance of the thermistor...btw what was your thermiator resistance?? I got that to be 23 ohm and the corresponding temp to be 35..
if you mean for the question I think 3 marks, if for the whole paper, ummmm i didnt do well so, ill go for 40-46

For entire paper
That is pretty good considering the paper given
Original post by hamza02016
****. I got percsntage difference as 10. Something

I got 5%, it depends on where you choose the P.D., I chose 2.25V
Original post by Bloom <3
Phewwww
I think i am good in this qs then 😃

Haha don't stress, you'll do well.. what do you think about the grade boundary?
Guys this was the hardest paper I've done.... literally gone from getting at least 80% on papers to possibly failing this one 😭 I missed out so many questions 😭😭
Hey there, last question was quite easy..you were supposed to say that the atoms of the element ( I think it was sodium ) get excited and move to higher energy levels, later, when they do return, they emit photons- only certain energy levels are possible... energy of the photon must equal the difference in the energy levels and as a result, there are only limited no. of energy differences corresponding to the set frequency and wavelength:smile:

Last q was rushed but I wrote the same thing as u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
why did i find this paper OK? the questions were relatively easier than few past papers..anyone else? :frown:
Original post by Zainat0987

same
Original post by Sunethra
Last q was rushed but I wrote the same thing as u

Posted from TSR Mobile

6mks in the bag already!:smile: Grade boundary predictions?
Reply 52
waiting for model answer...
Reply 53
'A' should be at 46 BAS
Reply 54
Original post by SH B)
'A' should be at 46 BAS

Wow that's low

What's BAS?

Yeah wrote exact same things..but the ques was may b of 6 marks..
Writing these may be we will get at least 4 mark but yeah i just cudnt workout anything else for this ques
(edited 7 years ago)
E=HF
E=IVT
IVT=HF
IV x1/F = HF
H= [ IV (1/F) ] / F

That's completely wrong mate
Well the p.d of the resistor was 1,6 V u don't include the e.m.f because some volatge was used by the internal resistance regardless. The internal resistor is kind of like a second resistor in the circuit. So ya 4. something was the right answer. Also plancks constant was calculated by using W=QV of an electron and then equating it to E=hf. Then ya perecantage uncertanity and such and it was off by like 10% for me
Reply 58
Original post by Blazyy
Wow that's low

What's BAS?

just pakistani words xD
Original post by SH B)
just pakistani words xD

lol ye nhi hone wala xD
A will be around 50s
it wasnt that hard though
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply