The Student Room Group

Edexcel Last Question Solution

Below
Reply 1
Here
I did the cosine rule instead of the sine rule. I ended up with 80.6. I did round up the side to 5.22 though. Would i still get full marks?
Reply 3
Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely- they'll probably give a range due to rounding. Unfortunately for me I carried an error through :/ and so I'll be lucky to get 3 haha
Reply 4
Original post by James2021
I did the cosine rule instead of the sine rule. I ended up with 80.6. I did round up the side to 5.22 though. Would i still get full marks?

You should never round before the final answer.
Original post by Ano123
You should never round before the final answer.

Oh well. I did everything else right so it shouldnt have too much of an impact.
Oh well. I did everything else right so it shouldnt have too much of an impact.

Was 40 the angle?
Reply 7
i used 1/2 absinC to get the 40.... degree. after used cosine rule to find AC .. the 5.22.. lenght. and then used cosine rule to get around 81.3. i think i must have mistakenly mistyped the 5.22 full decimals in the calc. so would i get all the marks???
Original post by subhan23
i used 1/2 absinC to get the 40.... degree. after used cosine rule to find AC .. the 5.22.. lenght. and then used cosine rule to get around 81.3. i think i must have mistakenly mistyped the 5.22 full decimals in the calc. so would i get all the marks???

How many marks do you think I would get if all I did was work out the 40 degree angle?
I did the same but got 80.1, will I still be fine?
Original post by DavidL2000
I did the same but got 80.1, will I still be fine?

No doubt you rounded to 5.22, like me. There will probably be a range of answers they allow (80.1 - 80.4 maybe?) but you don't stand to lose any more than one mark for that answer.
Original post by zeldor711
No doubt you rounded to 5.22, like me. There will probably be a range of answers they allow (80.1 - 80.4 maybe?) but you don't stand to lose any more than one mark for that answer.

Okay great
Original post by Speedbird129
How many marks do you think I would get if all I did was work out the 40 degree angle?

Perhaps 2. The question was out of 6 so 2 for reverse area, 2 for finding out the side and 2 for finding the angle.
Original post by DavidL2000
Okay great

Hopefully it goes up to 80.6! xD I think they might give the marks anyway as long as everything youve done in the working is correct. My working is really messy though. Will that matter?
Hopefully it goes up to 80.6! xD I think they might give the marks anyway as long as everything youve done in the working is correct. My working is really messy though. Will that matter?

If unreadable I think it goes to the senior examiner who will try to decipher it. The marks should be given (probably as long as you have rounded to at least 3 significant figures)
So if i did everytthing uskng area finding sinC, cosine finding lenght of 5.2..... whatever the lenght was. And used cosine to find angle and got 81.4 . Due to mistakrnly typing the 5.22 lenght. But my answer is 3 s.f figures. Will o get 6/6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending