The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

What on earth...please tell me other people round that hard
This is the hardest paper I have never seen
Anyone can post the mark schemes?
I swear the ****ing space module had incorrect figures.....i got the deceleration as like 9.8 or 9.1.......which made the answer ****ing stupid....what on earth
Help what even was that
Was absolutely solid. By the way could the rocket engines slow it down. I calculated they slow the spaceship to like 2.8ms-1
Original post by Sufyxyz
Was absolutely solid. By the way could the rocket engines slow it down. I calculated they slow the spaceship to like 2.8ms-1

Hiw did you get 2.8

I did 890g-670n=ma

Then divide by mass to get like 9.1 acceleration then times by 3.5s....slowed it way too fast....what did i miss
Used v=u+at where a f/m

a was in the opposite direction to u
(edited 7 years ago)
what did you put for six marker?the tank
Original post by Sufyxyz
Used v=u+at where a f/m

How did you find acceleration
Reply 230
I got this too
Original post by Sufyxyz
Did anyone else run out of time? lol
That was brutal none of the past papers coud have prepared me for this vague ******** of paper
Oh noooooo did gravity not apply?....was it really jist 670/mass to find a?!
that paper was so long and yet no youngs modulus stuff ??? i liked the wave question tho. didnt like the spring one that much (4 i think ??)
Original post by philo-jitsu
How did you find acceleration

I did the resultant force acting upwards that the question gave us divided by the mass of the ship also given.
Bro I might be wrong in my answer so don't worry.
What a ****ing piss take, 8 questions each of which was harder than any other past paper question (and i've done them all). Managed to just squeeze in all the questions in the time. I swear they just have it in for us because they knew we were all retakers.
Original post by 09rramphulm
what did you put for six marker?the tank

Since acceleration is inversely proportional to mass, the decreasing mass meant that the lorry would accelerate at a greater rate. This means the initial gradient on the graph would be steeper.

The lorry reaches its terminal velocity when it is in equilibrium. The driving force and the restitive forces are equal. Due to the higher acceleration, this lorry reaches its terminal velocity sooner than that in figure 7.

Because the air resistance is independent of the mass of the lorry, the change in mass would not effect the maximum speed.

This is roughly what I put, not sure what's right or wrong though.
That was so hard!!!! Anyone fancy starting another Twitter trend/outrage😭😭😭
lol kill me please

Quick Reply

Latest