The Student Room Group

M1 AQA 2015 Q8 Velocity Time Graphs

Question8M12015AQA.JPGHi all, I have looked at the unofficial/official mark scheme for this particular paper but I just cannot get started on Question 8b? Could someone please take me through some steps to get started please?

I got through question 8a using suvat's to find the difference but this 8b has knocked me out. Please help :frown:
Original post by MLW12345
Question8M12015AQA.JPGHi all, I have looked at the unofficial/official mark scheme for this particular paper but I just cannot get started on Question 8b? Could someone please take me through some steps to get started please?

I got through question 8a using suvat's to find the difference but this 8b has knocked me out. Please help :frown:

I would say that you can make use of your answer from part a, then figure out the time where they've travelled an equal distance and then work out the rest from there.
Reply 2
Original post by MLW12345

OK thanks, first I realised the trains were at constant acceleration so I solved for A using info from original suvats for both trains.

Then I set up new suvats with S = ? and realised that the difference of displacement between the 2 trains will be equal to 9 which gave me a quadratic that I could solve for T.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending