The Student Room Group

Gcse music 2016 edexcel

does anyone have any predictions for tomorrows paper - i have a feeling it will be capercaillie for the essay but I'm really not sure - any ideas??

Scroll to see replies

Our teacher says handel, capercaillie and yiri for the essay, possibly also mozart and chopin.

Good luck everyone!
I really want the essay to be Mozart, Handel or Steve Reich as I can write about them the best.
Reply 3
I threw together a spreadsheet of the previous years' essay questions. Here's the result:

As you can see, the only two that haven't been selected yet are Handle and Capercaillie, so I would expect those to turn up.

However Edexcel might realise this and throw in a different piece to throw us off, so make sure you still look over everything else!
Reply 4
Original post by chocolatefrog354
Our teacher says handel, capercaillie and yiri for the essay, possibly also mozart and chopin.

Good luck everyone!

yes my teacher had said capercaillie and handel - it sucks so much because I've got bio as well :frown: gonna be up all night
Reply 5
Original post by Champion171299
I really want the essay to be Mozart, Handel or Steve Reich as I can write about them the best.

im so nervous as i really have to get a good grade otherwise this will pull down my practical grades :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Runtuk
I threw together a spreadsheet of the previous years' essay questions. Here's the result:

As you can see, the only two that haven't been selected yet are Handle and Capercaillie, so I would expect those to turn up.

However Edexcel might realise this and throw in a different piece to throw us off, so make sure you still look over everything else!

this is such a good idea!!!! you're a life saver - i think ill focus on those two but obviously still look over everything else. PLEASE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE FREAKING OUTTTTT :"(
Original post by fey679
yes my teacher had said capercaillie and handel - it sucks so much because I've got bio as well :frown: gonna be up all night

Ikr I have both B2 and B3 back to back! Then music too...:angry:
Reply 8
Ikr I have both B2 and B3 back to back! Then music too...:angry:

AHHHHH good luck!!!!! a friend of mine has 5 exams tomorrow... so i guess I'm lucky with two :3
Hoping its Capercaillie or Handel otherwise I'm screwed- got biology 2 and 3 and music and business studies tomorrow
Original post by fey679
AHHHHH good luck!!!!! a friend of mine has 5 exams tomorrow... so i guess I'm lucky with two :3

You too!! Omg that is loads...the most I have is 4 next week with double RS and double chemistry...
Reply 11
You too!! Omg that is loads...the most I have is 4 next week with double RS and double chemistry...

i have two tomorrow ( bio b2 and music) then all i have left is chemistry physics and geography unit 3 THEN IM DONEEEE - best of luck in all your exams! :smile:
Original post by fey679
i have two tomorrow ( bio b2 and music) then all i have left is chemistry physics and geography unit 3 THEN IM DONEEEE - best of luck in all your exams! :smile:

Is geography for edexcel b cos I have that too!! I still have 13 I think cos triple science and further maths....you too!!
Reply 13
Is geography for edexcel b cos I have that too!! I still have 13 I think cos triple science and further maths....you too!!

ohh goodness - over all i had around 19 exams but i did some last year as i do double award science and i started at the beginning of May - yessss i think it is!! but its on the same day as physics - good luck with your further maths, i have no idea how you do it, i had my maths today and hopefully i passed with a B :")
Same I want Caipercaille for some reason and I dont even like it that much
Original post by Gcsestudies2016
Hoping its Capercaillie or Handel otherwise I'm screwed- got biology 2 and 3 and music and business studies tomorrow
Original post by fey679
ohh goodness - over all i had around 19 exams but i did some last year as i do double award science and i started at the beginning of May - yessss i think it is!! but its on the same day as physics - good luck with your further maths, i have no idea how you do it, i had my maths today and hopefully i passed with a B :":wink:

Hope you did well!! Yeah I have physics then too. Thank youuu, I need to revise more for it though...I have more like 28 partly because our school makes us do a lot of GCSEs!

Good luck everyone for music!!! :biggrin:
Im so worried I haven't done enough revision and I'm freakingggg outttttt toooooooooo
Anyone know where an unofficial mark scheme could be found?
guys how did everyone find this exam?
Reply 19
Original post by rebecca_16
Im so worried I haven't done enough revision and I'm freakingggg outttttt toooooooooo

oh my goodness, I'm so sorry i only just saw this, but how did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest