The Student Room Group

AQA AS Politics GovP2 09/06/16 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kemdo
Any final predictions for this afternoon for Constitution and Core Executive as 5/10/25 markers go?
Would be much helpful as I am trying to get some key revision in just before the exam this afternoon.

Guesses are that the 10 marker for constitution will be on judiciary and the 25 mark will be on Codified/uncodified constitutions.

Core executive 25 marker prob will be on sources of prime ministerial powers/ prime minister and cabinet!
Well obviously the other one is MPs representing constituents through surgeries
Original post by UtterTom07
Well obviously the other one is MPs representing constituents through surgeries

i dont think that will come up
good luck everyone :smile:
Good luck and God bless, lads.
Let's hope for a non-**** paper
Good Luck!
Original post by BirdIsWord
Good luck and God bless, lads.
Let's hope for a non-**** paper

so true.
What did people get for parliament/core exec?
How did you find the paper?
I thought the parliament section was good and the first two questions in the constitution questions but the judicial question threw me off because I didn't revise the judiciary much but managed to write something what did you write for the judiciary question?
Parliament was Lords- 'the lords play a fundamental role and do not need radical reform.' Discuss.
I liked that question thanks to the someone that posted the House of Lords plan I managed to write the same thing
Sections A was good but I didn't have enough time for section B
What points did you write for British judiciary becoming increasingly politicised?
Original post by Sademajek
What points did you write for British judiciary becoming increasingly politicised?

That question was fab! Got so many concepts in. I wrote about judiciary under attack from ministers, changes to judge pensions and a few other things about them being politicised but then I countered it with the fact that they've got more independence and neutrality from the CRA 2005 which made a separation of powers, consolidated fun, judicial appointments commission etc etc mentioned Lord Woolf, mentioned May vs Neuberger and all that. Can't remember it all
Can someone remind us what the questions were, particularly the constitution ones please?

Also...what did people put for the multilevel governance section??:smile:
I think i got like 35/40 on constitution and 26/40 for Lords. How'd you guys find it??
Original post by BirdIsWord
I think i got like 35/40 on constitution and 26/40 for Lords. How'd you guys find it??

The paper was okay, except for the parliament 5 marker- define the phrase?? What?For unit 2's 25 marker wasn't it -The lords perform many functions in government which mean that radical reform is not needed-SO I went through each role of parliament - scrutiny oversignt, legislation, legitmisation, representation in order to come to the conclusion that we need it to prevent PMs like Thatcher bribing heritary peers to vote for her poll tax
Was expecting a constitution question, but I prepared for the judiciary 25 marker well. but ran out of time (didn't manage to wrap up w/ a conclusion). The Lords 25 marker was a godsend. The 25 marker on Core Exec was a weird one; didn't do this one as I didn't feel I had enough knowledge of the 2010 Coalition government to compare with my vast knowledge on other PMs (it's not like coalitions are commonplace in the UK...)

Predictions (worst case):

Const + Judiciary
5/5
7/10
17/25

Parliament
5/5
7/10
22/25

Lower bound: 63/80
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by olmyster911
That question was fab! Got so many concepts in. I wrote about judiciary under attack from ministers, changes to judge pensions and a few other things about them being politicised but then I countered it with the fact that they've got more independence and neutrality from the CRA 2005 which made a separation of powers, consolidated fun, judicial appointments commission etc etc mentioned Lord Woolf, mentioned May vs Neuberger and all that. Can't remember it all

Well I seriously messed up the judiciary question then - I wrote about contempt of court, tenure, consolidated fund and judicial review with a few examples of judges signing an article criticising how the government dealt with the refugee crisis and something about the wrong treatment of a Scottish prisoner in solitary confinement that violated the human rights act. Only managed to write 3 pages
that was a beautiful paper i actually think i smashed it! :colondollar: judiciary and parliament were nice for me. how did it go everyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending