The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 unit 3D predictions: Britain and the challenge of fascism- 10th June

Does anybody have any predictions on which topics are going to come up for the section A questions? My teacher this year has been useless and it would be nice to have some possible focus points

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking that the home front might come up and maybe early war years, so 39-41. What do you think?
Reply 2
I was think early war years also and hopefully a pre-war question, but that's wishful thinking
Original post by TA.8
I was think early war years also and hopefully a pre-war question, but that's wishful thinking

Tbh i think its really hard to predict it, as there isn't really a pattern in previous questions, but I think that home front is likely as it hasn't been a question since 2013 on it, i'm not sure though
My teacher thinks that appeasement will definitely come up (it nearly always does) and strategic bombing in Section A, and then the post-war social change in Section B. But I was looking and the wartime economy (ie. mobilisation and whether it was efficient/successful) has never come up - so maybe this?
Original post by ilovebooksandtea
My teacher thinks that appeasement will definitely come up (it nearly always does) and strategic bombing in Section A, and then the post-war social change in Section B. But I was looking and the wartime economy (ie. mobilisation and whether it was efficient/successful) has never come up - so maybe this?

The economy came up in june 2010, but i guess that makes it likely to come up again as it hasn't been asked recently
I believe that was the post-war economy, though. They've yet to ask about mobilisation, etc.
Original post by ilovebooksandtea
I believe that was the post-war economy, though. They've yet to ask about mobilisation, etc.

It was throughout the war, the question has the years 1940-45 in it :smile:
Oh yes, my mistake! Thank you for letting me know!
Reply 9
I think the early war.

Also, we haven't had a N.Africa or Mediterranean question since 2011.
Reply 10
Original post by TA.8
Does anybody have any predictions on which topics are going to come up for the section A questions? My teacher this year has been useless and it would be nice to have some possible focus points

I think the early war.

Also, we haven't had a N.Africa or Mediterranean question since 2011.
My history teacher has predicted the Mediterranean campaign or the importance of the alliance with the USA, and something on the home front - probably morale, bombing and blockade. I'm hoping for a 1925-37 question but am doubtful will come up. Anybody got any last minute revision tips? Have gone over everything but don't know what best to do for the rest of the afternoon/evening.
Reply 12
hey i am doing challenge to fascism,so im studying Germany 1900-45,can someone help me on any predictions,for the 30 marker
(edited 7 years ago)
ok so last minute revision.. Best bets are on the 1939-42 Mediterranean theatre and like Norway and stuff... And strategic bombing? Anyone betting on the B of A coming up?
I am so so so nervous for this 😭😰😭😰
I think B of A might come up in an indirect way..why strategic bombing? Didn't the bomber offensive come up last year?
I think you can always use strategic bombing to help with any campaign as it did effectively damage German industry and also someone's teacher on here predicted the bomber offensive so I dunno 😂
Reply 16
Original post by Hannah220
ok so last minute revision.. Best bets are on the 1939-42 Mediterranean theatre and like Norway and stuff... And strategic bombing? Anyone betting on the B of A coming up?
I am so so so nervous for this 😭😰😭😰

I think the Battle of the Atlantic may come up, it never has done before, it may be used to compare the factors for Germany's final defeat.
Original post by EzBB
I think the Battle of the Atlantic may come up, it never has done before, it may be used to compare the factors for Germany's final defeat.

So basically revise everything then
Original post by EzBB

Battle of the Atlantic came up in 2012 unless I am very much mistaken, which is possible
Original post by ohitstia
Battle of the Atlantic came up in 2012 unless I am very much mistaken, which is possible

You're completely right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending