The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alardel
So the answers for ex 9 were:

Augmenter, peint, soit, voyons, mènent, traditionnelle, recevront, publics, offrant and...?

pretty sure the voyons one is voient... it was an indirect pronoun although I couldn't remember the conjugation in the exam, so put it wrong. It's voient : )
does anyone remeber the questions and answers for the one where you had to match the beggining of the sentence to an ending?
Original post by sisterofthem0on
pretty sure the voyons one is voient... it was an indirect pronoun although I couldn't remember the conjugation in the exam, so put it wrong. It's voient : )

I put voient too!!! Yeah that's exactly what I thought!!! My most problem with that question was being able to conjugate voire but everyone has been saying voyons so I thought I got it wrong...
I think it was voyons as it was talking about advertising, it would be 'the adverts we see', i know its marked grammatically but it makes more sense in context as well

Plus I made sure to check for an object pronoun as i know they chuck them in there and pretty sure there wasn't one there
Original post by Gregalldis
I think it was voyons as it was talking about advertising, it would be 'the adverts we see', i know its marked grammatically but it makes more sense in context as well

Plus I made sure to check for an object pronoun as i know they chuck them in there and pretty sure there wasn't one there

I'm not too sure but also aren't you meant to have the noun followed by que so it's like ' the adverts that we see '
How much was the matching phrases question (before the grammar section) out of?
Reply 246
Original post by neil20143
How much was the matching phrases question (before the grammar section) out of?

6 I think
Original post by sisterofthem0on
I'm not too sure but also aren't you meant to have the noun followed by que so it's like ' the adverts that we see '

I'm pretty sure it was voyons because even if it was 'the adverts that we see' it would still be les pubs que nous voyons
It's voyons because I later went through the paper with my teacher
Original post by negin1347
It's voyons because I later went through the paper with my teacher

Do you have an unofficial mark scheme if you've gone through the paper with your teacher?
Original post by romaiseb
Do you have an unofficial mark scheme if you've gone through the paper with your teacher?

No because the paper is with her and i didn't write the answers, but i do remember most of the things for the reading only as i went through with her, so if you want to ask me you can :smile:
No because the paper is with her and i didn't write the answers, but i do remember most of the things for the reading only as i went through with her, so if you want to ask me you can :smile:

What was the true false one answers

Hi do u remember the answers for the question where u had to match the beginnings and ends of questions and the sunonms question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
synonyms- not sure in which order or if i've spelt correctly, the first two are in the correct order though for sure:
adeptes
accessibles
découvert
perdre du poids
réellement
sûr

Umm for the matching i don't remember that well because the vocab was quite tricky i mainly answered the question based on my grammar knowledge,
- i think the first one was like....de + faire
- one of them where it was like describing the look of some actors saying the had an empty look, something like une vide regarde, + second half was a verb with 'ant' ending, don't remember what exactly, it was somehting like has no expressions
-And there was another one where it started with 'on sait'.... the second half the first word has to be 'que' so i just chose that and i was correct but i don't remember the full sentence,
-the second last one was some plural form (e.g. ils, but not sure exact) followed by qui polluent or something like that
-and the last one the answer was i think ....la photographie....

I think there was either 6/7 in total for the joining up question but those are the ones i remember, if you remember the others then ask me and i might remember
Am I the only one that put publiques instead of publics? I may have not read the sentence correctly, but I'm just curious.
Original post by ChloeGobell
Am I the only one that put publiques instead of publics? I may have not read the sentence correctly, but I'm just curious.

The reason why it is 'publics' is because it was a masculine plural, the noun was les endroits, also there was like a clue in the sentence i think they put 'tous' which is the masculine plural of 'tout'. And I know other people also wrote 'publiques' too so you're not the only one, I myself thought they were trying to put a feminine plural like they always do as they're usually trickier since the ending changes, but not this time.
The reason why it is 'publics' is because it was a masculine plural, the noun was les endroits, also there was like a clue in the sentence i think they put 'tous' which is the masculine plural of 'tout'. And I know other people also wrote 'publiques' too so you're not the only one, I myself thought they were trying to put a feminine plural like they always do as they're usually trickier since the ending changes, but not this time.

well they have been quite tricky on the rest of the paper thou...
Reply 258
does anyone remember why/if soit was subjunctive on the grammar? I remember putting it but when we were discussing the exam afterwards no one else had done and they were confused why I had. I think they probably used future instead?
Reply 259
Just been through the paper with my teacher, answers for grammar question were:
Augmenter
Voyons
Recevront
Publics
Soit
Traditionelles
Mènent
Offrant
Devenue
Peint

Not sure why it was soit but apparently it's a subjunctive phrase: "la publicité est omniprésent parce que ce soit"

Teacher said they might accept conditional but doubts it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending