The Student Room Group

Ocr f321 , f322 retakes on 27/05/16 and 10/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GetOverHere
You can't make it from hydrogen itself. You have to have an unsaturated plant oil. You vaporize it, pass it over a nickel catalyst at 60 degrees Celsius and add hydrogen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is importance placed on it being a plant oil?
Original post by President J

Because you cant make margarine from hydrogen. By hydrogen is just added to the oil. Plant oils are always used.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by President J

Uh, because you're going to be eating the margarine after, so it's important that what you're using is edible?
Original post by jonsnow:(
Honestly, I know it sounds cliche but flashcards ! !! !!!

Just write the reaction on one side and the answer on the other side and test yourself, it honestly helps so much. Even the process of making the flashcards is a big help with memorisation.

I've made flashcards for the whole of A2 chem and it's helped with not getting confused between similar reactions and reagents and what not!

I'm in the same boat though, I got 90 something UMS and I'm hoping for an A so I can maybe get a B somehow :frown:
I heard everyone found that Stats exam hard so don't worry about aha!

Thanks so much for the help guys! I'll definitely try both of those techniques for Chemistry in general. Can't wait to be finished with Chemistry for good! It's just not my thing, unfortunately. I seem get C's or B's no matter how hard I try.

Good luck with your revision. :biggrin:
Original post by Fine Sir
A Twitter post I saw about it said this:

"#F321 predictions:
Dative cov bond
SIlver nitrate test
Metallic bonding
H-bonding diagram
Reactivity down a group
Water of crystalisation"

I would just ensure my understanding of this but not totally tunnel vision on it :smile:

Who was that tweet by? I would really like to know if there are any f322 predictions for tomorrow! Do you have any? Thanks :smile:
F322 predictions anyone?
Original post by bakedbeans247
F322 predictions anyone?

Heard there will be a question on analytical techniques

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Any predictions for the f322 paper?
Reply 108
you cant really predict f322 as they ask questions on everything
Reply 109
if you still need help its best you watch https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy for a walk through of last years pape
Heya guys, The paper is so big that they generally question you on everything so good luck :smile:
Cant really predict anything since we dont have the mark scheme or the paper for june 2016 :smile:
Er, just did the 2015 paper and literally scrapped an A - why the heck were grade boundaries so high last year :confused::confused:

EDIT: just checked and 2014 was 74 and 2013 was 82, goodbye A hello B possibly a goddamn C again
Reply 113
Original post by jonsnow:(
Er, just did the 2015 paper and literally scrapped an A - why the heck were grade boundaries so high last year :confused::confused:

EDIT: just checked and 2014 was 74 and 2013 was 82, goodbye A hello B possibly a goddamn C again

Lets be a bit optimistic here , I'm sure everyone including you here will ace it . Everyone brush up on definitions and mechanisms.
Agreed, went way better than last year
Well the grade boundary is gonna be high af lol
It was amazing :biggrin: Only things I couldn't remember was the formation of Ethanol with yeast and how Nitrogen Monoxide is formed. I probably dropped a few marks elsewhere but apart from that it was great.
Original post by NinjaOtter
It was amazing :biggrin: Only things I couldn't remember was the formation of Ethanol with yeast and how Nitrogen Monoxide is formed. I probably dropped a few marks elsewhere but apart from that it was great.

I dropped 2 marks on the alcohol boiling points question apart from that it's fine
I LOVED that paper. Seriously thinking I could have gotten a decent A on it and I was only aiming for a C/B! :O

Also, thanks to everyone that suggested @MaChemGuy for revision! His mechanism video and past paper videos were super useful, definitely going to use them to revise for F324 and F325! :smile:
Reply 119
that was super gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending