The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbh16
moment is force x distance so you had to multiply both masses by 9.81, but i basically did the same as you but multiplied the masses by 9.81

for some reason I took moments from the hill thing that was supporting the plank but did all the normal calculations and an explanation to go with it ?

Would I get 0 or some method marks ?
Reply 321
I have never sweated so much in an exam before. That paper killed me. To me 3/4 of the paper felt like grade A-A* type questions.
so the support force of the rock was Sy=Wdx/D =(32x9.81)(4-0.8)/4 =251.14N???? I was about to write that as they said put your pens down as id previously just worked out the moment of the rock (so ((32x9.81)x4)/1.8 which gave me 697.6 or something like that) Ive definitely screwed up ngl
Original post by philo-jitsu
I took moments from the rock...said it can support him....why is this wrong?

If im taking moment from the rock for it to tilit the resistive force from the start of the ditch has to be zero if jts on the point of tilting at the rock....the moment produced by the weight was 1.2×32g

And the boys moment from the rock was 46g*0.8m

The weights moment was more so it cant tip....so the boy could walk to the end

yeah man, pretty sure the boulder became the pivot point and therefore since the anticlockwise moment was > the clockwise, the boy could walk.

That was a horrible paper.
anyone want to sign a petition to get the grade boundries lowerd drastically so 50% is an A, seems a reasonable thing to do judging by how dreadful that paper was, cmon 8 questions on which atleast half of them were things even the most brightest would struggle to do. first of all it should have been 7 max and 2 or 3 hard questions rather than the majority of the paper (6/8). Dont these examiners know that the resources that they give us (AQA book) cover hardly any of the stuff mentioned.
How can you take moments from the embankment lol... Both are acting down?

Edit: i have no idea what im talking about ignore me
(edited 7 years ago)
If we are going to be drug dealers, we should probably make sure we pass chemistry

On a side note this paper was ****eries of the highest order so the grade boundaries have to be low
Reply 327
Original post by Billsonbubbles
for some reason I took moments from the hill thing that was supporting the plank but did all the normal calculations and an explanation to go with it ?

Would I get 0 or some method marks ?

well i think you will only lose one mark from doing that but it depends on whether u said that he would be supported or not to get most the marks
Original post by Jon1234321
What did you guys draw for the VT graph at the end of the projectile motion questions?

I drew a linear line with negative gradient that touches the x axis at TH and the linear line with positive gradient at TF. Not sure if it's right tho.
I'm sure it said ignore air resistance throughout the question so that's why my lines were linear but not sure if that's still correct?

That's exactly what I did!
Reply 329
Original post by JamieOH

no because the supporting force is acting upwards
Original post by mbh16
moment is force x distance so you had to multiply both masses by 9.81, but i basically did the same as you but multiplied the masses by 9.81

Thats what g means....g is 9.81

I did multuply out at the end
Reply 331
Original post by chrissypie666
That's exactly what I did!

haha in the end thats what i did, i kept rubbing it out cuz i didn't know wether to do a curved line or not
Reply 332
Did anyone get 2.9ms^-1 for the rocket question which means that the engine will manage to decelerate to the safe speed?
Reply 333
Original post by philo-jitsu
Thats what g means....g is 9.81

I did multuply out at the end

nice
guys how many marks are you expecting?

around 15-20 here...

Spoiler

Original post by Jon1234321
What did you guys draw for the VT graph at the end of the projectile motion questions?

I drew a linear line with negative gradient that touches the x axis at TH and the linear line with positive gradient at TF. Not sure if it's right tho.
I'm sure it said ignore air resistance throughout the question so that's why my lines were linear but not sure if that's still correct?

That's what I got! More marks got (hopefully)!
Seen a few people here mention that the initial gradient of the truck (e.g. the acceleration)
would be greater. Surely, as the question stated that the water flowed out continuously across the entire journey, so therefore the initial mass would be the same and hence the same initial gradient as before.
Reply 337
how many times did you show TIR in the different shaped diamond?
Reply 338
Original post by JamieOH

The boys weight at the end of the plank would act down so the force of the plank on the other side will act up. picture a see saw and the rock as the pivot
Okay **** it im gonna try and do a mark scheme if anyone can clearly remember things send me them or post them here.....thank god most people struggled

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending