The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Exam - G482 Electrons, Waves, Photons [09/06/16]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
😥😥I just finished the exam.It's quite unusual than last years papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I'm considering the first question. Why X must be in the mid point.☹️☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Was such an odd paper :frown: really threw me off

What was the current at A1?
Original post by Hasib98
Was such an odd paper :frown: really threw me off

What was the current at A1?

I think I got 0.375 or something LOL I bet it's wrong though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zed Wu

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't know what to write for that :// what did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Literally so bizarre. It went better than last year's I think, but honestly some of those questions were just????? No????????????

The one with the two cells and internal resistance and direction of current was a mess :laugh: ah well. I can only improve on my last grade. Not sure if it would make an A though…
Reply 26
Original post by FemaleBo55
How did everyone find it..
I found it hard tbh... :frown: but it was sort of better than last year but still... I didn't understand the electro acceleration question

Is anyone going to make the unofficial mark scheme for this paper :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are talking about the question to find electron velocity its eV = 1/2 mv^2

WHICH I LIKE A DOUCHE USED eV = h = mv for!!!!
Reply 27
I didn't know what to write for that :// what did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that because it's midway L will be 1/2 stuff and things, mentioned I dividing in parallel but having to equal the same coming out of the junction, so A1 must equal current across variable + current at A2. Basically I BSed it and I'm hoping I pick up at least 1 mark for mentioning those things. That's all I ask LOL
Reply 28
Original post by Zed Wu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because length is directly proportional to R, if L is halfed the current is doubled.
Original post by Reda2
If you are talking about the question to find electron velocity its eV = 1/2 mv^2

WHICH I LIKE A DOUCHE USED eV = h = mv for!!!!

Same!!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had that too! Pray for us ; - ;

:cry::cry:
Reply 31

Posted from TSR Mobile

OHHH i got 0.75 basically double your value, A1 was twice as A2 so you should have doubled it right? unless i completely wrong LOOL
Reply 32
I personally found it not bad, with some questions really weird, the stationary waves stuff! Hardest question of the paper.

But guys I used eV = h / mv like an idiot for the velocity of the electron instead of eV = 1/2 mv^2. Will I get any sort of marks?

And how many marks was that question?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Reda2
I personally found it not bad, with some questions really weird, the stationary waves stuff! Hardest question of the paper.

But guys I used eV = h / mv like an idiot for the velocity of the electron instead of eV = 1/2 mv^2. Will I get any sort of marks?

2? Maybe 3?
Reply 34
Original post by Reda2

wasn't it a show that tho
Reply 35
well I thought that was god awful! especially that question for five marks about an experiment to determine the internal resistance. i ****ed up
Reply 36
Original post by Hasib98
wasn't it a show that tho

Yes I know, the velocity was there, my velocity was a couple of powers off, I rushed it and I'm like, it's close enough move on!
Reply 37
What was weird was, there was no polarisation stuff, or was there and I just didn't get it lol?
Reply 38
Original post by theialos
well I thought that was god awful! especially that question for five marks about an experiment to determine the internal resistance. i ****ed up

I did V = E - Ir
so V = I (-r) + E

Plotted the graph V against I, gradient equal to -r.
Original post by Reda2
I did V = E - Ir
so V = I (-r) + E

Plotted the graph V against I, gradient equal to -r.

That's what I did too, what did you put for the reason for the second resistor?

Quick Reply