The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thebeast97
What was the exact wording for the 25 marker on parliament again?

Apart from committees, assess how Parliament can control the executive
Original post by Hurbad
I wrote the exact same thing as you and yeah i kinda ran outta time
Did you mentioned "english law for english mps" ?

I think its hard to say, because on one hand yes you would mention it, however the English votes for English laws, has been addressed at the beginning of 2016, and so they already have gone "Further" with the reform.

The issue more with devolution now, is that is did not address the issue with over representation of Scotland, with regards to the amount of people that are there, and the amount of MP's they receive. The fact I use, is that they account for 8.8% of the population, however have around 13% of the seats within the commons, and so are over represented. This is why they reduced 13 seats in 2003, to deal with this issue. Quote people like Enoch Powell, and Sammond, usually people I stick with.

With what you've wrote (Presuming you did write about the English votes for English laws) I'd doubt you'd lose marks, as its still moderately relevant.
I didn't say anything about codification vs non codification in my 40 mark i wrote about other reforms were we supposed to talk about codification ?
Reply 1363
Something about the extent to which the parliament controls the executive.
Original post by hanhan19
I didn't say anything about codification vs non codification in my 40 mark i wrote about other reforms were we supposed to talk about codification ?

No you got it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

No nothing you 'have' to talk about you'll be fine
Original post by alevelpain
Lol we said the exact same thing then. I also include vote of no confidence

:frown:

I wanted to include vote of no confidence but had no time, think it was a crucial point but oh well I think I did fine anyway.

this was my last exam guys. im off TSR for hopefully a while. good luck to any who have exams left!
Original post by mollyadtr
No you got it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which 2 did you do?
Lol we said the exact same thing then. I also include vote of no confidence

I did all 3 on Commons 😂😭 What would be the max i could get on the 25 mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Const 40 marker, what did you include in your conclusion? i didnt make a definitive yes or no that there should be more reform, is that what they were asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hbaig27
For the Const 25 marker, what did you include in your conclusion? i didnt make a definitive yes or no that there should be more reform, is that what they were asking?

Do you mean 40? I just said the arguments for further reform are stronger than those opposing it
Which 2 did you do?

I did it all about the arguments for and against codification so I've practically for 0 marks 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hbaig27
For the Const 40 marker, what did you include in your conclusion? i didnt make a definitive yes or no that there should be more reform, is that what they were asking?
I went for a definitive 'no' because that's what my argument pointed to.
Reply 1373
For the 5 mark question in parliament, were you supposed to list the individual committees such as business, environmental etc. Or the general committees such as legislature etc.
Do you mean 40? I just said the arguments for further reform are stronger than those opposing it

How many marks will i lose for not coming to a proper conclusion, i just vaguely said loads of reform take place, further reform depends upon blah blah
Original post by dil797
For the 5 mark question in parliament, were you supposed to list the individual committees such as business, environmental etc. Or the general committees such as legislature etc.

I described Legislative, departmental select and public account, is that fine?
Original post by dil797
I think it meant general, so I listed Departmental, Legislative and Public Accounts, and expanded a bit on legislative to get the detail mark.
Original post by hbaig27
How many marks will i lose for not coming to a proper conclusion, i just vaguely said loads of reform take place, further reform depends upon blah blah
Maybe 1 or 2, as long as the rest is good it shouldn't have too big an impact.
Original post by mollyadtr
I did it all about the arguments for and against codification so I've practically for 0 marks 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't 0, you can't get full but codification is a reform that could happen

You could genuinely write about every reform not gonna lie.
Presuming of course you had something to day about it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending